PDA

View Full Version : Bump Steer?

Benn
25-10-13, 06:04 PM
Due to the lowness i like to run, i get alot of bump steer.
Will running the track rods on the underside of the hub carrier help this?

If yes, i know you're meant to get a them drilled and collet fitted to hold the track rod in, but i'm not fully clued up, so any info is great.

Thanks.

Johnny A
25-10-13, 06:55 PM
Nope, you would have to do what I did with my carlton hubs, raise it or live with it

Benn
25-10-13, 10:15 PM
Oh, why do people move the track rod end then?

Johnny A
26-10-13, 08:18 AM
Unless vxl got all the lengths of the steering arms and/or wishbone arms wrong or even the carrier positions wrong then its going to make things worse.

By moving the pivot from top to bottom you are shortening the steering arm, it is possible this makes it a more similar length to the wishbone length however i have never looked into it on a nova only a carlton as you know.

If you were closer to me id have you come over my unit, id strip the front assembly down and show you how everything interacts, where to measure and how to correct it. But the answers ive already given you. Raise it, spend a lot of money or live with it

burgo
26-10-13, 09:13 AM
The only true way of improving it is to raise the bottom arm mounting point I believe

Benn
26-10-13, 03:54 PM
Not rasing it. So it can stay as is.

_Jake
26-10-13, 06:31 PM
you want everything moving in the same arc of motion, ie bottom arms and steering arms, you also want your bottom arm set as level as possible, which it wont be on a lowered nova it will probably be pointing upwards a bit. Ive seen pics of people using uni ball style things 1 a with piece spacer with threads each end going between the hub and uniball to correct the angle of the bottom arm, but typically i cant find any pics lol

Mieran
27-10-13, 11:02 AM
Cheapest option is to fit post corsa b knuckles, won't make a huge difference but will help a little

Benn
27-10-13, 03:12 PM
you want everything moving in the same arc of motion, ie bottom arms and steering arms, you also want your bottom arm set as level as possible, which it wont be on a lowered nova it will probably be pointing upwards a bit. Ive seen pics of people using uni ball style things 1 a with piece spacer with threads each end going between the hub and uniball to correct the angle of the bottom arm, but typically i cant find any pics lol

My arms have spacers in due to the F28, they point up a bit still tho.

Cheapest option is to fit post corsa b knuckles, won't make a huge difference but will help a little

It can stay as it is tbh, it was only as i had some spare hubs.