PDA

View Full Version : Heater motor not working. Hears how i found my problem

redtoop
22-10-13, 09:54 PM
Hello this is just if anyone has the same problem as i had.First of checked all fuses, all were fine next checked the motor was free,and found out it was not so i removed it and with some wd40 got her spinning free again then used some copperslip out of a can as its alot thinner so it would penetrate hopefully this will work lol,,Put the motor back in and still nothing.Then i took a spare bit of wire and stuck it to the live of the battery to checked the fan was working(Tried all three wires on the green resistor,slow,med,full)and all was working,now to check the switch,so i pulled out the switch and took the live wire from the battery and tried touching the plug in the dash half where the switch pins plugs in and all the speeds worked fine,so then thought switch.On the rear of the switch it tells you the live,earth etc so took my live from the battery hooked that to the live on the switch then took another wire from the slow setting and connect it to the plug on the dash and bingo working,now tried this with all setting and found that the switch is not the problem.So now the switch is not getting power last of i took my wire from the live of the battery onto the fuse and all is working well so for some reason i dont have power to the fuse fore the blowers which i fixed no problem,THANK FOOK, There are a lot more easier ways to check this things but this is how i done it as my cheap **** multimeter stopped working,hence the wire from the battery lol.Sorry for the bad punctuation,spelling etc lol Hope this helps.