PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Temp sensor

rich a
13-10-13, 05:31 PM
Hi guys my e16se has a coolant temp switch with an ovel connection end but the loom has a square plug obviously doesn't fit. could I buy a new sensor from Vauxhall or I have another loom with the right connection cut it off an use that. also would this be reason that my temp guage only gets quarter way up an stops also I have never heard the fan on yet any help greatly reccived cheers :confused:

dgbnova#1
13-10-13, 05:44 PM
If you bridge the wires on the drivers side plug in the rad you will test the fan with ignition on .
Temp sensor put a photo up .
When was the thermostat last changed? Could be sticking and its not a big job to do

mowgli
13-10-13, 05:52 PM
just buy a CTS with a square connection on it.

the CTS is linked to the injection, and is nothing to do with the gauge & sender circuit. it sounds like the thermostat is running cool, simply buy a new one.

as above, test the fan switch, its a 2 minute job, tops..

all the above 3 parts are available form most motor factors, or the bay of E

rich a
13-10-13, 06:01 PM
cheers dgb can I pull the plug off the rad an bridge it with just a piece of wire stuck in the terminals ? I cant post a pick of the temp sensor broke me digi camera but its exactly whats in the Haynes manual just my loom has a square plug an the one in the block is oval just looked on line an seen most of them have a square ends so prob just buy one an see. couldn't say when the thermostat was changed so maybe a new one as well does it involve taking the water pump off ?

rich a
13-10-13, 06:04 PM
cheers mogli will buy cts with square end and test fan an start swatting up on thermostat renewal lol top replys guys as always cheers