PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to any car salesmen

Nova00
07-10-13, 07:33 PM
They do speak a lot of rubbish

The highlights from the last week

test drive - The car will not accelerate at all at 60 on the flat
explanatation provided - there is four people in car
(real explanation the car is knackered despite 30K on clock - mechanic please)

another test drive and another salesman
The loud bangs from the suspension
explanation - the parcel shelf is loose
(needs a mechanic !)

And a couple of comments that were a slip of honesty

Can I have the keys for the Corsa ? - reply - you do not want one of those (it was a Corsa C)
Perhaps not enough commission on the lowest priced car ?)

Red car - you do not want a red car, they fade
(truth was it was already sold)

But perhaps my favorite is Evans Halshaw who insist in charging HPI check. A few years ago they charged a HP check £50. Now £100 and called indemnity.
Both times the car salesman did not understand that we not going to pay a fee on top of the screen price to ensure that the car they were selling to us was not stolen/ insurance write off etc. Both times we walked away.

mowgli
07-10-13, 07:47 PM
none of the above surprises me..

Alex J
07-10-13, 08:20 PM
my all time favorite is when you ask for a test drive, and they say, "ok, ill just grab the jump pack" lol

mowgli
07-10-13, 08:34 PM
like that merc that was all over the news the other day?? lol

Andy
07-10-13, 09:10 PM
evans halshaw....I could write a whole lot of stuff about them,ar5eholes.
needless to say I wouldn't buy a scalextric car off that mickey mouse outfit

John
07-10-13, 09:40 PM
As already said, none of that surprises me at all, salesmen will do ANYTHING to sell ANY car. Have you tried looking at private sellers? :)

PicklesSE8
07-10-13, 10:12 PM
We're not all liars and bull****ters like everyone makes out, funnily enough some of us are normal guys just doing a job :)

novacabrio
07-10-13, 11:47 PM
I guess it goes with the market and the area if the market you're looking to buy in! As mentioned some of us are just honest people trying to make a living. The lower end of the market can be full of overnight idiots that jump from one dealer to the next! Evans halshaw charge a "admin fee" £100 surprises me? I'd of said it'd be the same as the one with charge at Stratstone (sister company) which is £70.49? Which we explain is as mentioned is an admin fee for HPI checks, national mileage register checks and then the rest goes to be a bit fuel for you?

Guess you may of been unlucky each time but don't tar every salesman with the same brush! We're not all bad!

chrisd1986
08-10-13, 11:34 AM
Yes they do chat a load of ****, I went into vauxhall a couple of years ago to partex my mint 96 vectra b with fsh from new for a vectra c diesel, needless to say they never had a diesel in stock and tryed selling me a 1.8 petrol it was a nice car but I couldn't get it into his head that I wanted a diesel so I left and a few months later a after the vectra met its maker I bought a mk2 golf gti from the local scrap yard lol

Nova00
08-10-13, 01:15 PM
Despite the challenge of finding a car it is being collected tomorrow from the dealer. I am sure my moans are little compared to many other peoples experiences. I do understand that they are trying to do a job and hope that salesmen re cars (or anything else) no not take offense at my comments.

I do find that service after picking up cars is even worse - meaningless warranties / promises, only realised a missing part of jack when a puncture (a main dealer !) etc etc . Lets hope that choice of car / garage is better this time. Only time will tell.

The irony is that the Nova was bought from a lease clearance type garage, no salesman unless car being bought, no negotiating, no test drive and certainly no Evans Halshaw type extras. There is a lot to be said for this method of buying cars.

I guess it goes with the market and the area if the market you're looking to buy in! As mentioned some of us are just honest people trying to make a living. The lower end of the market can be full of overnight idiots that jump from one dealer to the next! Evans halshaw charge a "admin fee" £100 surprises me? I'd of said it'd be the same as the one with charge at Stratstone (sister company) which is £70.49? Which we explain is as mentioned is an admin fee for HPI checks, national mileage register checks and then the rest goes to be a bit fuel for you?

Guess you may of been unlucky each time but don't tar every salesman with the same brush! We're not all bad!

Edd
08-10-13, 02:04 PM
£100 to tell wether a car is stolen or not!!!!?????? You fcuking serious!! Blatant piss take, I'd of told him to get fcuked

Andy
08-10-13, 02:59 PM
"evans halshaw type extras" ?
you mean the fukking sh1t warranties that cover parts only?
And then when the customer removes their own dual mass flywheel (thus removing their means of transport) they decide to make you wait 5 days for parts???
That type extra??

Andy
08-10-13, 03:01 PM
As for the fee for the hpi,thats a joke,should be their job to prove its not stolen or subject to finance.Thats why people go to the "trusted" dealers,to be protected from the likes of joe scum.

marc69
08-10-13, 10:33 PM
£100 to tell wether a car is stolen or not!!!!?????? You fcuking serious!! Blatant piss take, I'd of told him to get fcuked
They shouldn't be selling a car that could be stolen...

marc69
08-10-13, 10:39 PM
I went in today to buy a very expensive nut and bolt (seriously). Anyway on my way into the car park, a salesman sees me in the Nova, his first comment "are you lost", without wanting to say, no I normally look this vacant...I said no I am driving into vauxhall (not the district)

He said "that's an old car" and then said "you'll be here to buy a new one then", to which I said, no, in for parts.

He then swiftlyy scooted. It was just a bit funny and surreal, probably a boring if you weren't there cliche.

Clearly not interested in older cars, even if it is a fairly good looking SR. (doubt he knew it was a nova or vauxhall.?)

PicklesSE8
08-10-13, 10:58 PM
Clearly not interested in older cars, even if it is a fairly good looking SR. (doubt he knew it was a nova or vauxhall.?)A lot of sales people aren't interested in cars at all, the thing I find frustrating is when people give it all the 'typical salesman' bull**** and assume they're going to get stitched up. Yes there's a lot of dickheads about who jump from one place to another overnight, I've been selling for 14 years and only worked for 2 companies, both Vauxhall main dealers (and only left the first one after they started generally treating customers like ****). I think the one thing that people forget is that rather than moaning about admin fees and getting crap service, they could just go somewhere else, it's not like there's not enough cars out there

blue_peg_16v
09-10-13, 07:42 AM
Just tell them your a driving instructor and the cars for hire or reward they then carnt sell you any extras as your not applicable gets rid of them trying to sell you extended warantees and everything buying my 207 was the easiest thing ever due to this

matthew172
09-10-13, 07:40 PM
ones that work at land rover are generally the worst, there hellish

PicklesSE8
09-10-13, 07:54 PM
Just tell them your a driving instructor and the cars for hire or reward they then carnt sell you any extras as your not applicable gets rid of them trying to sell you extended warantees and everything buying my 207 was the easiest thing ever due to thisProbably better to be honest and let the guy do his job, you can say no you know :) The only thing he can't offer you is GAP Insurance, driving instructors can still have paint protection and an extended warranty

MK999
09-10-13, 08:06 PM
my all time favorite is when you ask for a test drive, and they say, "ok, ill just grab the jump pack" lol

I had one do that, then explain that the hole in the sill "will be fixed for the MOT" and it was about double the price it should have been, I was expecting mint and to drive it away later that day!!

PicklesSE8
09-10-13, 08:13 PM
I had one do that, then explain that the hole in the sill "will be fixed for the MOT" and it was about double the price it should have been, I was expecting mint and to drive it away later that day!!It was mint (well it had a hole in it :) )

mowgli
09-10-13, 08:32 PM
i once bought a skoda 120L for the princely sum of £150 from a used car dealership.. it came with a years mot & tax & 1/2 tank of petrol...... i couldn't be ar$ed to ask for a test drive, cos if i weighed in the tax & scrapped it, i'd make a profit.. the salesman didn't even try to sell it to me, i think they were glad to see it leave their premises lol

Nova00
11-10-13, 07:50 PM
Found a proper garage with proper customer service (no suprise a local garage not a national)

I would add that we did receive excellent service from Arnold clark a few years ago but unfortunately they had no suitable cars this time. (national main dealers can be excellent)

RJM25R
11-10-13, 10:13 PM
Sales execs are sometimes full of $hit but so are customers.