PDA

View Full Version : Mappable Ecu

rich a
01-10-13, 08:30 PM
Hi folks I was reading a thread from a while ago about carbs on an e16se an then a great debate started about a mappable ecu instead of carbs. My question is this does an up rated mappable ecu provide more bhp or is it just more driveability an provide a platform for future mods eg cams head work. If someone can explain what I would gain from an ecu upgrade I would appreciate it also am I right in thinking I can use most of the original parts eg inlet manifold pistons head ect cheers everyone

GTE. E16SE tuning help? (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?199172-GTE-E16SE-tuning-help&highlight=e16se+twin+40s)

Timmy
01-10-13, 10:22 PM
I may be wrong but the cost and work involved with running a standalone ecu on the e16se would out weight the cost of running carbs. Due to the research and rolling road work and I'd think the standard system is good really. But saying that I looked at swopping my Mpi for twin 40 would have only seen a gain of 15bhp on its own. But if you look at other upgrades ie cam piston the gain would be better with carbs and simpler and proven

philip
02-10-13, 11:05 AM
What are you wanting from the car? Im currently building some heads/engines for lads both off here, one is on a chip, standard inlet and other is going on twin 40s. It all comes down to budget + use.

rich a
02-10-13, 12:56 PM
Hi Philip the car gets used for wknd use just want a bit more power around 150 would b nice while retaining the standard look ie original engine so which ever setup gets to that sort of figure budget wise what sort of money would i be looking at ?

meritlover
02-10-13, 01:28 PM
some one had a project thread on here with standalone management on 1600 8v.

rich a
02-10-13, 02:57 PM
Hi merit i believe u had some in put into the origional thread i was reading the reason i ask about the standalone ecu is because emerald r only a 10 min drive down the road with a rolling road so was thinking setting - mapping should b easy enough