PDA

View Full Version : KIN THING

Anonymous
06-02-01, 03:39 PM
ARGHHH! F**KING,THING. My cars been on the road two days, I,ve had a water leak, ana a siezed caliper yesterday, today I had to drive to work in 3rd gear, the only one I could get. And to finish things off the handbrake slipped and it rolled it to a works van. Anybody want to buy it, first 50p. A temp fix at dinner time and ive got 1st(sometimes) and 3rd to get home with can't wait!

Anonymous
06-02-01, 04:28 PM
I know the feeling mate. I spend so much time and money on my car, and as soon as I fix it, another things needs doing. I have been close to giving the it away a few times.

Anonymous
06-02-01, 05:00 PM
Try greasing up the gearbox mechanism with WD40 and grease.
This happened on a seat my cousin had, it had dryed up, and needed loosening.
Get a screwdriver in there to check there is no loose bolts etc.
Dont know if this is any help, but if it is, then it is.
:-)

Anonymous
06-02-01, 05:06 PM
No the spot welds have broken on one of the pivot points, It won't go again when i've finished with the welder tonight!

Anonymous
07-02-01, 08:19 AM
And one of the driveshafts has just broken! and the brakes are dragging.

Anonymous
07-02-01, 08:22 AM
You`re one of these naturally lucky people aint ya! I know how you feel, it seems that every time I try to do a simple job on my motor it ends up taking hours! Took me 20 minutes to change the headlight bulbs coz they were practicaly welded in! :(

Anonymous
07-02-01, 01:01 PM
unlucky, it takes ages to get the gear linkages exact on 2.0s you either get 1st or reverse but not both!

Anonymous
07-02-01, 06:44 PM
ouch i am actually thinking about doing the body work on mine for the summer and then selling it for summit else. i have had 5 novas now nothing else and im having a bit ov a dilema

do i
1. weld the front end up loads and go for valver motor
with sum new wheels etc etc
2. tidy it up and sell it and start on sumthing differnt cav? astra? etc etc