PDA

View Full Version : c20let oil pressure problems

paul burney
26-09-13, 10:35 PM
Hi all

I am having problems with my c20let when I start it up there is no oil pressure at all on the dash and it runs really tappy once I drive the car for half a mile or so the oil pressure shoots right up and runs Luke a dream any ideas anyone.

Thanks guys

philip
27-09-13, 12:58 PM
What guage have you got? Fact you say you dont have pressure on initial start up and tapping means i wont be suprised if yo havent knocked bigends out or wont be long before you do so and needing to strip engine down. Is the pressure relief valve seating ok + not picking up?

Will F
27-09-13, 01:19 PM
Sticky relief valve - its common on these.... Like Philp says, youve probably kille dthe big ends at best - at worst, it could be cheaper to get another bottom end!!

paul burney
27-09-13, 02:01 PM
Hi mate I have stripped it down and all bearing are ok as I only drove it once where is the relief value located so I can check it

Thanks guys

nova mad mave
27-09-13, 02:22 PM
Bang a nylon relief valve from sbd had this a couple of times our a new oil pump always fit nylon valve

philip
27-09-13, 02:40 PM
I know more engine builders who stay steel relief than nylon, nylon still prone to sticking. Lucky didn't damage bottom end then really. Relief is behind the 24mm nut on front of oil pump, just watch undoing as the pressure of the spring will pop it off.

Andy
27-09-13, 02:59 PM
I think relief was apparent as soon as the bottom end was ok lol

paul burney
27-09-13, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys I will sort this once and for all tonight

Will F
27-09-13, 09:41 PM
When you release the nut the relief valve should slide straight out. If it stays in, it's sticky!