PDA

View Full Version : fuel relay

pie
26-09-13, 03:31 PM
is the fuel relay meant to get warm?

thanks

Peanut_119
26-09-13, 03:50 PM
I seen your post on the other forum. When I had running issues my fuel pump relay was getting hot. The one I got in now gets warm but not hot and it runs fine.

I cant say it was the fuel pump relay causing the problems as I did a full top end rebuild aswell as changing fuel pump relay, icv and the fuel lines and filter.

L14MNP
26-09-13, 04:02 PM
Do as the RS boys do and add another relay for power duties, leaving the original NLA NLS OMG OEM 80's relay to just do the job of switching on the pump.

NO MORE WARM RELAYS INNIT

pie
26-09-13, 05:59 PM
ummm wtf lol

story is ..

my cav got no power after4k just hesitates up to limiter

fitted spare relay and that gets warm to

also today

had cav on the rollers to see whats happening etc

it idles fine but only getting 3% fuel at high revs (4k onwards) hence white plugs

man said it aint keeping pressure up when needed

any ideas?

he said get adjustable fuel pressure regulator and tha should sort it out ..

ive fitted 3 fuel rails with 3 working FPR's and is still getting the same problem fuel starve at high revs.......

really strange now as pressure should be there

brand new pump,filter all fuel lines are fine, bar a return line at tank

any ideas?

thanks

Alex J
26-09-13, 06:08 PM
how about a perised fuel hose collapsing, thus giving poor flow under load, do they have a small filter inside the tank were it draw the fuel? had that before on an old renault, and as for a warm relay, most ive checked on my old ****ters over the years are quite hot..

pie
26-09-13, 06:51 PM
they have a swirl pot type thing fitted in tank mr merris

lines are new to 8mm copper ones

Alex J
26-09-13, 07:36 PM
must have rubber some were in between lol

pie
26-09-13, 07:41 PM
lol lol lol

only rubber that aint been changed Is the ones off the rail and down the bulk head were they meet the coppers ones lol

dgbnova#1
03-10-13, 12:20 AM
Have you sorted this? Has it got external pump? How about sludge on pickup filter in tank as this would make pump work hard hence warm realy possably