View Full Version : not a nova but need help & advice

novathere
21-09-13, 12:19 PM
hi all hope you can help I have a 2004 hdi gti the injector was chuffing when we bought the car but didn't notice it, it stopped running the other day so after removing the cover I was greeted with 10ton of carbon, once I cleared this and fitted a new injector plus all seals it will not start???

im going to take each fuel pipe to injector off and try to start it too see if the high pressure pump is gone? would this test work though?

if this is all ok I was going to put it down to the fuel rail pressure sensor?

or is there anything else it could be??

any thoughts anyone would be very appreciated as I want it back on the road many thanks
http://pscuk.net/images/misc/progress.gif

7ova
21-09-13, 02:27 PM
If it was running before you started to repair it (apart from the original fault) it more than likely something
You have done. I think this is the same engine they fit in mk6 diesel fiesta's we fit lots of injector seals at work on these.
Usually just the copper washer that blows the injectors are less common.

7ova
21-09-13, 02:31 PM
Just saw you said it stopped running.
Any warning lights on?
We've fitted a few EGR valves on and fuel pressure regulators
Good luck mate

Novasport
21-09-13, 04:27 PM
Did you fit a new injector or refit the old one? If it is a new injector it has to be coded in otherwise it will not run.

Andy
21-09-13, 06:14 PM
Was just going to say the same,these need coding in when fitting new injectors.
Needs to be on Peugeot Planet too I do believe

Novasport
21-09-13, 06:25 PM
Why did you need to replace the injector? It is normally just the copper washer and clamp etc you change when you get blow by on these.
TBH when these engine start to play up they get riddled with issues, typical French style. Fix it and fcuk it off is my advice lol

novathere
21-09-13, 08:13 PM
well....when my mrs called the brakedown (no idea what company I was at work) he told her its the 4th injector which is the one was chuffing. I presumed hes done some sort of test to figure this out but turns out it was a guess, so anyway fitted a new injector along with new fuel filter and egr valve. how do I get these coded?? its not a engine ive worked on much I mainly stick with Vaux! ive spoke to a few diagnostic places and they didn't mention it? thanks for help guys need the s-box back on the road

Andy
21-09-13, 08:21 PM
need to start again with the diagnostics imo.
Guesswork is never going to fix cars.

novathere
21-09-13, 08:35 PM
I have a fault code reader which gave me p0088 - Diesel rail pressure too high (max exceeded) & p1166 High pressure fuel
regulation : Measured rail pressure higher than the maximum pressure.

novathere
21-09-13, 08:53 PM
im going to clean the fuel out tomorrow put some fresh stuff in, clean the fuel pressure sensor & possibly thinking about trying the new injector? any thoughts anyone? if not I guess im left with fitting the new one and having it coded? where or what do I need to do to have this done? is it a pug only thing or can most garages with half decent diag equipment do it? sorry guys really stuck here and im having to rush my nova project so we have a working car. any help is very much appreciated

Novasport
21-09-13, 08:59 PM

This. We get people moaning about the £84 diagnosis charge(cheap imo for a main dealer) but they will happily throw money at pure guess work and parts that may not fix it. Its OK reading codes but they may not tell you what the problem is. It is down to knowledge of the product as well as diagnostic equipment.

novathere
21-09-13, 09:19 PM
I get that mate but I don't have any equipment etc and tbh if £84 told me the fault id be happy with that! I don't wanna throw money at this but really need it on the road again so getting abit desperate now. any ideas on where I could get the injector coded? thanks

Novasport
21-09-13, 09:29 PM
Peugeot main dealer

novathere
21-09-13, 09:54 PM
oh balls... better rob a bank then. cheers for help guys ill try bits ive listed and update just incase it helps anyone.

brainsnova
21-09-13, 11:38 PM
Could it not just be air in the system as you've had an injector off so needs blead

John
21-09-13, 11:55 PM
This!!

This. We get people moaning about the £84 diagnosis charge(cheap imo for a main dealer) but they will happily throw money at pure guess work and parts that may not fix it. Its OK reading codes but they may not tell you what the problem is. It is down to knowledge of the product as well as diagnostic equipment.
This!!!!!