PDA

View Full Version : Picking a colour

lee 16v
09-09-13, 11:12 PM
When I started looking for a nova I wanted a mk1 red SR or a red GTE to put a red top in
Then a grey GTE red top came up in my price range so I went to look at it and the shell looked good so I got it, there was some chips and scratches but I wasnt bothered as I had it in my head I would paint it red anyway.
Then when I got it home and started looking at it the grey started to grow on me but there was a bit of me inside that said unless I paint it im never going to be 100% happy with it, so I started looking for red GTEs to get me back in the mood for painting it red, the red one thats on here with white wheels was a big help, but then part of me thinks well thats done now and if I paint it red I will just be in the shadows of that GTE. So I thought about doing it a colour that I started to do a nova years ago but ended up selling it on before it was fully painted.
Iv been looking at shades of this colour for the last 2-3 weeks and one day I walked across a car park and saw a car in the sort of colour I want, so I looked up the colour online and it didnt look so good, so today I mixed the colour up and tinted it a bit, then done a spray out on a old tin I had in my tool box. Now everytime I walk passed that tin I get a little excited. So I know this must be the right colour

How do you pick what colour you wanted your car and are you happy with it?

TeddyThom
10-09-13, 10:48 AM
To be honest, I think a fair few people pick the car on what it has to offer than just a colour. My nova is silver. I would never have chosen that colour (as much as it looks awesome now I've had it near as damnit two years lol) All depends if you can be bothered to put the time and effort into making it look good.

Unless you are Nick J. I swear he has a painting obsession/OCD problem lollol

Benn
10-09-13, 12:16 PM
Why not keep it the GM grey?

If not, Toyota doing some nice dark metalic greys. Very flaky pop, looks lush in the sun...

When i picked my blue, i wanted to stay GM based, so i popped to the local dealer, you know there little car shell like things they have painted to show off colours? I "borrowed" a sliver and a Arden blue one..
At home i sat in the sun with them, the Arden blue popped like crazy in the sun, so i had to have it...

Pistol Pete
10-09-13, 12:30 PM
lol mines standard breeze blue as that is the bestest....

brainsnova
10-09-13, 12:36 PM
I like grey and I think it's called steel grey.