PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a few novas on Wednesday.

Hobbit
08-09-13, 11:24 PM
They looked to be having loads of fun.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0424_1.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0419_1.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0418_1.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0415_1.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0414_1.jpg

Think I counted about 25 out on track.

mowgli
08-09-13, 11:30 PM
well that explains where they are all going

Hobbit
08-09-13, 11:33 PM
I did think that lol If there were 25 just at a mid week meet in Hailsham, how many are there nationally racing?

mowgli
08-09-13, 11:34 PM
loads.. we should put up posters advising them to use corsas lol lol

Novasport
08-09-13, 11:35 PM
Oh god, I hope Edd doesn't see this! It could get messy if he does lol

pie
08-09-13, 11:37 PM
new pvs mr hobbit? lol lol

Hobbit
08-09-13, 11:47 PM
I was thinking more of a motorsport section on here and inviting them all to join. :d

pie
08-09-13, 11:53 PM
were was this hobbit?

Hobbit
08-09-13, 11:56 PM
Arlington raceway, a few miles north of Eastbourne.

Edd
09-09-13, 05:43 AM
Fcuking glorified banger racing ruining Nova's that is

No chance that driving round a muddy field will ever be motorsport either

Suppose it makes mine worth more in the long run

Andy
09-09-13, 09:06 AM
fukk off edd ya boring,repetitive cunnt
I suppose they "should be jailed"? lol
And for the record,theyre used in oval racing as they have ideal boxes and final drives,are light,and were cheap.Not anymore,as soon as my novas totalled il be shelling into a corsa.Novas are picked up off the sort of mongs who talk a good repair but skills stretch as far as lowering 40mill and fitting speedlines...........eg if the arches are rusty theyre scrapped!

Edd
09-09-13, 09:17 AM
Fcuking yawn lol

Andy
09-09-13, 09:25 AM
That's exactly what I said out loud reading your 5000th post on this subject.
The other 5990 consist of fords r sh1t etc
The other 7 are "w00p the toon have won" spread over the last year lol

Edd
09-09-13, 09:39 AM
Can't see my opinions changing in another 10k posts either

Tat will always be tat
Banger racing will always be Banger racing
Toon will always be awesome lol

Edd
09-09-13, 09:39 AM

chrisd1986
09-09-13, 09:55 AM
Fcuking glorified banger racing ruining Nova's that is

No chance that driving round a muddy field will ever be motorsport either

Suppose it makes mine worth more in the long run

Good fun tho, I used to race cavaliers every weekend and now im restoring one

L14MNP
09-09-13, 10:05 AM
Can't see my opinions changing in another 10k posts either

Tat will always be tat
Banger racing will always be Banger racing
Toon will always be awesome lol

'Tat' will always be more sought after and higher valued than anything Vauxhall, with a rich motorsport heritage. Deal with it.
Banger racing is an officially recognised form of motorsport - and has killed off cars a LOT rarer than a Nova. Mitsubishi Debonair, anyone?
I live 12 miles from Newcastle, and the only thing both club and fans are 'awesome' at, is continually heaping shame on the region and attempting to re-write history.

L14MNP
09-09-13, 10:06 AM
Dp

Hobbit
09-09-13, 10:34 AM
Its not Banger racing! Its a non a non contact formula with closer wheel to wheel racing than F1. I'd much rather see novas getting used week in week out. Better than tucking them away in a garage most of the year. (Mine included)

kent14sr
09-09-13, 12:38 PM
Its not Banger racing! Its a non a non contact formula with closer wheel to wheel racing than F1. I'd much rather see novas getting used week in week out. Better than tucking them away in a garage most of the year. (Mine included)

Over the past couple of years I have sold several shells for this type of use. What I will say is that they are quite prepared to pay good money for a shell and they also turn up/collect without hassle or messing about.

The said shells would have been crushed had they not gone for use in this type of formula - so it actually saved Novas rather than destroy them in my case, and there was little interest for any other use in any of the shells I sold. At least was advertised on here without success for a pittance.

It certainly isnt my cup of tea - but there is a lot of pride and hard work put into the cars which many dont realise, and it takes skill too if you are competitive!

marc69
09-09-13, 12:47 PM
the truth is, if someone buys car to restore, dump or race that is up to them. I don't think that this is to blame for the decrease in numbers of Novas, the fact that the Nova is over 20 years old and although I love them most of the time, in the grand scheme of things there are many far better and longer lasting cars that have been made.

Rememeber for us to keep our Novas on the road, others have become donor vehicles for parts etc............................................... .........a rough standard Nova is now worth more being broken for parts than being repaired.

Hobbit
09-09-13, 03:18 PM
fukk off edd ya boring,repetitive cunnt
I suppose they "should be jailed"? lol
And for the record,theyre used in oval racing as they have ideal boxes and final drives,are light,and were cheap.Not anymore,as soon as my novas totalled il be shelling into a corsa.Novas are picked up off the sort of mongs who talk a good repair but skills stretch as far as lowering 40mill and fitting speedlines...........eg if the arches are rusty theyre scrapped!

Nova's still seem to be the car of choice with these guys. Out of the 30 odd cars racing there was only a couple of corsa B's and one C. Being as its non contact I cant see why they'd need to reshell any time soon.

kent14sr
09-09-13, 04:56 PM
the truth is, if someone buys car to restore, dump or race that is up to them. I don't think that this is to blame for the decrease in numbers of Novas, the fact that the Nova is over 20 years old and although I love them most of the time, in the grand scheme of things there are many far better and longer lasting cars that have been made.

Rememeber for us to keep our Novas on the road, others have become donor vehicles for parts etc............................................... .........a rough standard Nova is now worth more being broken for parts than being repaired.

Couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day, even a rotter will break for £400 minimum

BRoadGhost
09-09-13, 05:52 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Banger%20Racing%202013-09-04/BangerRacingArlington2013-09-0414_1.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfcoctqhlg1qc9pwoo1_1280.png

Spudly
09-09-13, 07:01 PM
I was thinking more of a motorsport section on here and inviting them all to join. :d

Even if this were said in jest, i for one think its a damn good idea, there are many out there in motorsport of all forms and im sure there are a hell of a lot of their owners on here but dont post much due to the 'zomg grassers are all cnuts' attitude held by a few!

Im sure a lot more would post more frequently and visit the forum more regularly if we had such a section!

I'd much rather see novas getting used week in week out. Better than tucking them away in a garage most of the year. (Mine included)

I regularly look at mine and think its wasted as it sits under its cover for probably 48 - 50 weeks of the year, and it simply doesnt get used as often as it should.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt want to see it go to oval or grasstrack racing, but I can see its a life after the roadworthiness has been outlived sort of thing!

Hobbit
09-09-13, 07:20 PM
Even if this were said in jest, i for one think its a damn good idea, there are many out there in motorsport of all forms and im sure there are a hell of a lot of their owners on here but dont post much due to the 'zomg grassers are all cnuts' attitude held by a few!

Im sure a lot more would post more frequently and visit the forum more regularly if we had such a section!

Not said in jest at all, I would love to see the stock rod guys posting on here, not to mention the national hot rod guys, some of the fabrication work gone in to those rwd beasties is amazing.

Then you have the grass track and hill climb boys, far more interesting than people talking about football or posting ebay links of badly modded cars.

Unfortunately they have their own forums, so why come on here just to be called scum? :(

Southie
09-09-13, 07:35 PM
Looks a good night, also like the idea of the stock rod style thread.

mk1nova_rich
09-09-13, 08:29 PM
Edd you are so boring at times lol

I do think a Motorsport section on the forum would be a good idea to encourage more users - currently it seems that the majority of regular users have very little involvement in motorsport and I think its a shame there are so many Novas out there competing that aren't talked about on the forum.

As for grasstrack/rods etc...yeh fair enough its a shame when someone uses a mint shell but as already said the vast majority are shells that would otherwise be scrapped and its good to see them having an afterlife so to speak lol

L14MNP
09-09-13, 09:16 PM
I would love to see the stock rod guys posting on here, not to mention the national hot rod guys

far more interesting than people talking about football

Sounds like you would have them posting in muppet corner...

waggygsi
11-09-13, 04:27 PM
theyl be more novas wrecked getting humped through a ruff as ocht forest in rallying than there will be on a wee round track a bet

mk1nova_rich
11-09-13, 05:50 PM
Ultimately if your name is on the V5 you can do whatever you like with it, whether people like it or not. Some people choose to pamper their Nova and drive it 6 times a year, others rag the hell out of it til its dead and get far more enjoyment from it :d

Benn
12-09-13, 10:22 AM
They've all really got in to Novas, guys around here will snap any nova up. I know a guy that has 11 in stock...
A lot of them break them too, but want mega money for parts...

Like £50 for a rotten mk1 front wing...