PDA

View Full Version : C20xe nova gear linkage god give me strength

woodyjay
03-09-13, 09:30 PM
Hi guys I'm hopeing you can help I got my standard nova gear linkage a few weeks ago and thought I would give it a bash tonight and I'm lost my engine was from a calibra so I took the rear mount part off from the gear box and attached the nova gear linkage and flipped the white block around to make it longer but it seems like gear stick end don't want to go on and it hits steering rack please help ??

Pistol Pete
03-09-13, 10:02 PM
Fit the gearstick end first. Then connect it to the tower on top of the gearbox.

woodyjay
03-09-13, 10:07 PM
Tried that its like its to short

Pistol Pete
03-09-13, 10:11 PM
How have you set the lever in the car? Line the marks up on the turret? A second pair of hands or some blocks of wood help!

What gearbox mount you using? Nova one?

woodyjay
03-09-13, 10:26 PM
No just one that came with engine is that we're I'm going wrong ??

Spudly
03-09-13, 10:32 PM
You need a set of spacer plates to bring the mount out and away from the car properly, if youve got the wrong one then there is your issue unfortunately!

woodyjay
04-09-13, 07:13 AM
But do I need to have the nova linkage attached to the standard nova rear mount thanks

dgbnova#1
04-09-13, 07:35 AM
It's a lot easyer useing the nova mount I think and you need a 10 mm spacer between the mount and gearbox j think the calibra one may also knock on the body also think min used to

Benn
04-09-13, 07:54 AM
But do I need to have the nova linkage attached to the standard nova rear mount thanks

Yes, there is a pin that goes thru it from the top.
Connect it to the shirt bar, then connect it to the gear box fork, with the white plastic bush turned around.
Check the box isn't in gear too.

woodyjay
05-09-13, 10:00 PM
Done it thanks for all your help