PDA

View Full Version : Project update... Wish me luck, AGAIN!

Neil.
02-09-03, 02:33 AM
Went into my body shop today, ask them if it would be done by sunday, as i told them ive got a car show and got tickets and car is on the stand, they said should be done if nothing goes wrong, but im not sure, by sunday they have still got to...

Fit and smooth in novadose sideskirts, weld and flush boot, smooth off welded-up locks and door handle, then prep, prime and spray the whole car! all b4 sunday, i just think it's alot of work for 2 guys, 1 at least to do b4 sunday AS LONG AS nothing goes wrong.

So im thinking the worst that it wont be ready and will have to go to trax in my corsa, which leaves a spare stand pass.

I'm going in body shop 2morow to drop summit off and im gonna ask them if they think it'll seriously be done for sat night.

I'm just so gutted, if it wont be ready for sunday it'll be ready for monday prob, thats the annoying thing, so close to trax! But at least whatever way ill have my car done in the end, just wanted it done for trax!

Unhappy rant over,
Neil

P.S
Got this from body shop, looks very nice now it's all painted and that, sorry the pics crap...
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/car/01vent.jpg

Mark
02-09-03, 07:20 AM
Be positive!! - It'll be done!

Pic of Vent??

Dave
02-09-03, 10:20 AM
thought you were havin it a gold colour neil?

ade
02-09-03, 10:49 AM
any news m8?

What did the bodyshop say

You gonna be playing at trax?

:|

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-03, 11:07 AM
that amount of work for 2 blokes in 5 days is very easily acheivable.

wisewood
02-09-03, 11:12 AM
just depends how lazy they are really.

Will
02-09-03, 11:28 AM
and if they are working on just your car and no1 elses..... ;)

Cjscooby
02-09-03, 11:31 AM
i had more than that done in a week with one bloke workin 8 hours per day on it so i wouldn't worry it should be ready!!

keep ya chin up M8
Cj

Ian
02-09-03, 06:30 PM
id have to say it wont be ready but there is always the chance

dan16v
02-09-03, 07:14 PM
and ther will be the odd run/blemish you will be annoyed about! but i think they could easily do it by then!

Paul
02-09-03, 07:31 PM
I would put money on it being ready. Just been down to the bodyshop where I'm getting my car resprayed. I had to take the seats out so i could sell them. I got speaking to a bloke down there, and he said it took him about half an hour to do one fin of tyhe skirts, it was fucking perfect. And i mean perfect. Took me about 4 hours and it was shit.

The bodyshop have already done all smoothing it, flushed tailgate door lock, skirts, vents and knocked allo my dents out, they have had it for a week, but as I said I'm in no hurry for it, there only spending a few hours a day on it, I would say it would be ready mate.

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-03, 09:09 PM
Neil

Just a point, as you said you are painting your engine bay after your main car ask the guy in the bodyshop to give you the excess paint from your car as it will match then.

Neil.
03-09-03, 12:12 AM
yeah i am ben, but if not got enough or i forget to ask for it i could just buy some more, only gonna be the engine bay anyway.

Cheers guys, im hoping it'll ready, im feeling a LITTLE bit more positive as i went down today and they have fitted and smoothed both sideskirts, look brilliant! quite solid to my surprise, smoothed over the bare metal where door handle and locks were, side repeaters etc.....
Just gotta push damage from crash out and then flush my boot then respray, im thinking the worst so if its ready ill be amazed.

Next time im going down is friday, so ill find out if it'll be ready and tell u lot! and let someone else have my stand pass, hopefully ill be able to use it tho!

Keep spirits high tho!

Colour - Decided that gold wouldn't really go with blue wheels so went for Honda Supersonic Blue, dark purple/blue Pearl! very nice and deap colour.

wisewood
03-09-03, 10:49 AM
Nice one neil - glad to hear things are coming along nicely.

quite a transformation your car has gone through for someone on a slender budget since we met last year.

?Marty?
04-09-03, 04:42 PM
If it's ready on time, i'll eat one of my bollocks LIVE on web.

Neil.
04-09-03, 06:47 PM
ok marty, ull find out 2morow if u have to or not.

Neil.
08-09-03, 06:13 PM
Went to see my car today, they've primed the car and now wet and dry sanding it down. Skirts look mint and so does the smooth boot and passenger door.
All locks and rust have been properly welded and smoothed.
Car looks alot better in primer, u can see the curves and what they've done.
It will be ready wednesday morning, ill collect it, come home, put my wheels on and take loads of photos.

I CANT WAIT!
:D :D :D
Neil

Dare-devil
09-09-03, 09:11 AM
Sound's good m8.

Mark
09-09-03, 10:23 AM
If it's ready on time, i'll eat one of my b******s LIVE on web.

Lucky boy... :!: :lol:

But I think paying the garage to take their time is cheating isn't it Marty :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dare-devil
09-09-03, 01:47 PM
If it's ready on time, i'll eat one of my b******s LIVE on web.

Lucky boy... :!: :lol:

But I think paying the garage to take their time is cheating isn't it Marty :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmfao :lol:

Cjscooby
11-09-03, 05:36 PM
have you got it back yet mate?

Awaitin the pics
Cj

Neil.
11-09-03, 10:45 PM
have i bolocks, saturday now maybe, i aint sure. the rate they've been going prob monday.

Mark
11-09-03, 11:03 PM
You got a fixed price for the work NOva, 'cos if they ar working by the hour that's going to be one hell of a bill..............

Neil.
11-09-03, 11:20 PM
nah they aint, he gave me a rough price, just gonna say that if its more then ?800 im gonna wait for money from the accident bill to come through, as they've also charged for this and i aint got the money yet! stupid insurance firms!

Mark
11-09-03, 11:28 PM
They are quick to take your money, but damn you just try and get some back............. :x

?Marty?
12-09-03, 01:50 AM
When i had my car done, i was told it'd be 2 weeks - i said ''no probs, don't rush mate, i want it all done properly''. 8 weeks later it was done. lol

But the work done is brilliant, and i had a few hundred knocked off the price for it taking longer too. Well, ?100.

Dave
12-09-03, 10:26 AM
mine has been in the bodyshop for about 6 months now neil!
wanted a good job so i said take your time an give me a good result the car doesn't need to be done until feb 2004 they are doing exactly that using it as a fit in job when other work is quieter, all that needs going now is the final spray job which they said will be done by the end of the month.
am in no hurry for it so am not fussed about how long it takes won't be on the road until next year!

Neil.
12-09-03, 06:15 PM
but thats ok fro u as uve got another car(i asume) well i aint and its a bugger to get busses etc, i wouldnt be bothered if i had transport!

Neil.
12-09-03, 11:54 PM
Right everyone, wish me luck, for 2morow i ring the body shop up at 3pm and find out if it will be ready for 2morow night.
THey have sprayed the car and all that is left to do is fit the rear Novadose bumper(anyone know if the fixings on the side of the bumper go in the exsisting holes on the body work?) put on front GSi bumper which is a 5 min job and polish the car up!

I AM PRAYING SO HARD THAT IT WILL BE DONE!
I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER AND HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT 'MAYBE' BEING DONE FOR 'TOMORROW'.

PLEASE EVERYONE CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME!

Neil

Ben
12-09-03, 11:58 PM
no probs, don't rush mate

Famous last words, i have learnt never to say that to anyone be it a mechanic or panel beater.

Neil.
13-09-03, 12:05 AM
lol, i would never say that, they'd always just put it to one side for 'later'.

Dare-devil
13-09-03, 08:59 AM
Good luck from here m8. :wink:

Neil.
13-09-03, 09:29 AM
cheers mate.

locky
13-09-03, 10:23 AM
''no probs, don't rush mate, i want it all done properly''.

I sed that last year 4 my respray, they had it 2 weeks or so!

Neil.
13-09-03, 08:15 PM
well it'll be monday now, better be!

Neil.
15-09-03, 01:54 AM
Well the time has come, to collect my new looking car, phoned them up on saturday to be told it'd be ready 2day, only thing to be done is fit exhuast back on, both bumpers and lights ect...all of which I can do. So calling them in 9 hours and saying,
'hey, im coming to collect my car, what time u want me in coz i wanna help put stuff back on the car(to get it done quicker)' then he'll either tell me something has happened and it'll take 5 months or summit or tell me to come in later 2day. taking my wheels to put on and windows to put in aswell! I CANT WAIT! WOOOHOOO! I'm going to get photos asap!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mark
15-09-03, 07:35 AM
Good luck NOva, can't wait for the pics!

Will
15-09-03, 09:34 AM
impatient cnut :P

get pics, lol

wisewood
15-09-03, 11:56 AM
so where are these pics then??