PDA

View Full Version : open sessions at Knockhill

marc69
28-08-13, 09:18 PM
Anyone been to one of the open sessions? What like are they?

Is it a lot harder on the car not getting an hour's rest after 10 mins on the track?

Is it really just the serious evo crowd etc on the track or will an xe be ok, seeing as there is no grouping.

dc1984
28-08-13, 09:36 PM
It's quite good mate, you get more track action. But it's still better to come off after 20mins or so to let it cool down etc

marc69
28-08-13, 09:38 PM
Thanks, yes affter 20 mins the car and I will need 15 mins or so, I'll look at the weather and see......are you going?

vx kev
29-08-13, 07:42 PM
I don't think the 10 minute sessions are long enough, your just getting into it and then your off again. :roll: If the car and you are up to the job stay out as long as poss and get your moneys worth. You'll know when its time to come off for a break :thumb:

marc69
29-08-13, 08:41 PM
I agree, i am only getting to it with the 10 minute sessions, are you going kev? I'll look at the weather first but I don't think there are many places left, also I need to test my Brakes on Saturday, haven't had a chance this week, work is too busy and compounded just a little by the return of a stomach ulcer.....fun.

vx kev
30-08-13, 07:25 PM
I agree, i am only getting to it with the 10 minute sessions, are you going kev? I'll look at the weather first but I don't think there are many places left, also I need to test my Brakes on Saturday, haven't had a chance this week, work is too busy and compounded just a little by the return of a stomach ulcer.....fun.

Yeh im going as I wont make it up again until the November Hot Hatch. I think the weather is to be ok with it being pretty much like 2 weeks ago. Hopefully you get the car tested and all is ok and also get your Ulcer under control mate.

vx kev
31-08-13, 01:06 PM
Wont be going on track, its fully booked. :cry:
School boy error, left it too late :roll:

marc69
31-08-13, 07:59 PM
Wont be going on track, its fully booked. :cry:
School boy error, left it too late :roll:

SNAP, I hope it buckets down with rain!!!! lol