PDA

View Full Version : How long to find out if caught speeding

Chay84
26-08-13, 06:05 PM
Last time I got flashed took about 3 days to come thru the door, my mate phoned me today saying he was speeding when a cop was at side of road with a speed gun, police didn't pull him over so I said I think you will be ok??

bazzap8389
26-08-13, 06:08 PM
I think it's supposed to come through within 6 weeks? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

But I think he'll be ok, I was u see the impression if there using a gun at the side of the road and your speeding they will flag you down a you approach.

7ova
26-08-13, 06:15 PM
If you got done with a gun at the side of the road, ie from a camera van, motor bike or police man/women at the side of the road they don't need to stop you, you'll just get a letter in the post.
Just like if you go through a red light with a camera on it.

Have to wait and see???

Chay84
26-08-13, 06:18 PM
I'm sure that's the case but not 100% on that tho

I got flashed beside Newcastle last year and they didn't get back to me I was lucky I actually thought I was in a 70 tho lol

Keif
26-08-13, 06:18 PM
I think it's supposed to come through within 6 weeks? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

O.K. i will. Keep an eye out on the post for 14days......

Saying that they can contact you after that and it still be valid, it's just they normally take upto 14 days.

mowgli
26-08-13, 06:42 PM
surely if its a thru the post one, then it must be one with photographic proof of the offence.. and i don't think the hand held ones can do that

quite often, i've seen someone on the side of the road with a speed radar gun pointing it at vehicles more as a community group, speed deterrent type thing

Jack
26-08-13, 07:22 PM
14 days according to RTA 1988.

[edit] As mowgli said though, could have just been a community thing. Police tend to have them mounted in vans as handheld speed things are useless when it comes to prosecution

therealnovaboy
26-08-13, 07:28 PM
Try this

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

Chay84
26-08-13, 07:36 PM
I couldn't tell you his reg mate

kent14sr
26-08-13, 07:40 PM
Try this

Or not if you want a heart attack before you realise its a spoof site :-)

raf24
26-08-13, 07:44 PM
Try this

Very good wind up,says i was caught speeding in my nova in cambridge last week lol

brainsnova
26-08-13, 07:58 PM
Don't speed it's simple

_Jake
26-08-13, 08:29 PM
Very good wind up,says i was caught speeding in my nova in cambridge last week lol

Says i was speeding in stowmarket in my vectra, ive never been to stowmarket since ive had my licence! lol

faker
27-08-13, 01:30 AM
Hand held speed detection devices require the motorist to be stopped immediately. Only van mounted speed camera detections along with Gatso/specs are sent out to home addresses.

TeddyThom
04-09-13, 10:16 AM
14 days according to RTA 1988.

[edit] As mowgli said though, could have just been a community thing. Police tend to have them mounted in vans as handheld speed things are useless when it comes to prosecution

When I used to do my old pathology delivery runs for my old job, the people that lived on one section of road had a "scarecrow" dressed up in a police uniform (I assume fancy dress type, seemed legit and noone wanted to risk it lol) with what appeared to be a camera in his hands, and they used to put it on the side of the road just after a fairly sharp corner. It used to fool a lot of people into slowing down, myself included, until one day I got stuck in traffic there and got a bloody good look at it.

Alex J
04-09-13, 10:30 AM
points mean prizes

bazzap8389
04-09-13, 10:33 AM
And the prize is paying more on your insurance renewal lol

mowgli
05-09-13, 06:56 PM
When I used to do my old pathology delivery runs for my old job, the people that lived on one section of road had a "scarecrow" dressed up in a police uniform (I assume fancy dress type, seemed legit and noone wanted to risk it lol) with what appeared to be a camera in his hands, and they used to put it on the side of the road just after a fairly sharp corner. It used to fool a lot of people into slowing down, myself included, until one day I got stuck in traffic there and got a bloody good look at it.

on the A road from newark to ollerton, there is a fake gatso camera that some bloke made badly & stuck it in his garden.. when i was still driving wagons, i would routinely ignore it, as it was at the bottom of a large hill & a run up was a necessity, but the cars that were following me would anchor up like crazy, then pass me flashing & waving to try to tell me about it... i would always chuckle.