PDA

View Full Version : c20xe in 1.0l nova

gav93
24-08-13, 08:12 PM
hi guys i have recently aquired a 1.ol nova i want to put a c20xe in it, i understand i need all 3 conversion mounts and i know about gsi/gte shafts and cav inners etc, the one thing i am really stuggling to get my head around from reading is the wiring . is the mk1 (g plate) 1.0 wiring harness the same or similair as any other nova loom will i just join the wires colour for colour?

can someone please advise me as i really hate wiring but i need to get my head around it, also what other stuff will get in the way in a 1.0l shell? thanks guys

mowgli
24-08-13, 08:36 PM
look in the 'how to articles' section..

there is one i did specifically to point out what needs looking at on 1.0 models before wiring mods.
there is also a very good article all about fitting a big block engine.

you need engine bay strengthening, a fuel tank suitable for efi, the 1.0 one is not suitable
the shafts you have may well fit, its all about no. of splines.

but the most important thing to know is that you only need to mess with 5 wires, and 2 of them aren't necessary to get it running...... they really are simple... as long as you get the whole efi loom & ecu wiring off the donor, and not some chopped up mess of wires.

Marcusgeorge
24-08-13, 08:37 PM
Just google "nova c20xe wiring guide" and it will bring a very good guide up.

It's only a few wires its really not that hard tbh

And what do you mean get in the way ??

mowgli
24-08-13, 08:41 PM
there really isn't anything that gets in the way, apart from where the alternator fouls the rh chassis leg... but the article covers that.