PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage

steveo135
20-08-13, 07:59 PM
Wanted roll cage, has to be in good condition. Also one without cutting into dash or welding foot plates to the floor. If that makes sense.

Big ask I suppose

Thanks

8valve-craig
20-08-13, 08:11 PM
If you want it to protect you in the event of an accident then you don't really have a choice regarding the foot plates.

If you just want it to look cool then there are companies who can cater for your needs, but you would be well advised to steer clear and fit a real cage properly.

steveo135
20-08-13, 08:22 PM
I understand what you mean, but I remember my pal having a mini( I know a little different) have a safety devices cage that was fitted using big plates on the underside of the car. Only just had inside of car painted don't get me wrong if a cage comes along and I have to weld foot plates then so be it. The car currently has a show cage in It that's getting removed.

dc1984
20-08-13, 10:08 PM
I would rather have no cage than one not fitted properly mate, if you we're to roll without plates fitted there's a good chance the cage could kill you instead of save you.

You can't put a price on safety mate, get plates welded in todo it rite buddy:thumb:

David.

steveo135
21-08-13, 03:40 PM
Cheers i understand the whole safety issue. just wondered thats all.

So does anyone have a roll cage for sale.
cheers