PDA

View Full Version : Door lock blanks!!!

matto
01-09-03, 07:28 PM
Im looking to get some door lock blanks as a short term alternative to delocking.
My friend had some on his GSi, they looked the business. He had his specially made but i think this could be costly.
Does anybody make/sell them or has anyone got a set?

Just thought they would look well on my GSi.

Cheers, Matt

Ballsy
01-09-03, 10:45 PM
is this not the wrong forum?? iam sure sombody will move it but the blanking plate are very easy to make, any machine shop near you will beable to make you a set for a few pound or a few tins of beer, i could make them up in 10 mins ish on a cnc machine!

Ballsy

Ben (lurk75)
01-09-03, 11:36 PM
they are not that good a deterant either, still easy enough to get round them.

wisewood
02-09-03, 11:15 AM
just delock it mate - much better idea all round.

a good way to do it is to use a mesh stuck to inner door with strong bonding stuff and fill over that - saves you having to weld and holds really firm. Did that with mine - worked a treat.

Will
02-09-03, 02:31 PM
fibre glass / filler will fall thru mesh :?

lol i bonded a plate inside the door and filled from there, looks good as well :D

wisewood
02-09-03, 02:34 PM
sorry - not that sort of mesh - i forgot to explain...
its a special stuff that is dirt cheap from motorworld etc...

for repearing behind rust n stuffreally but serves its purpose really well.
very fine mesh - worked fine for me no problems at all.

ade
02-09-03, 03:52 PM
I used a 2cm round head bolt from B&Q - ground the head off nice n flat put a washer behind it and then bolted it up

Perfect!

Just filled over it with filler, epoxy resined the back to stop any moisture penetrating it and its cool!

There was a guy ages ago that used to make blanking kits - dunno if you can still get them - I know he ran out...

:|