PDA

View Full Version : Corsa c rock solid brakes& running lumpy

kingwick
16-08-13, 11:57 PM
I have a 2001 corsa c 1 litre. Today under acceleration at 2.5k revs it's making a noise. Down on power and lumpy think its only running on 2 cylinders. When I put my foot on brake it's rock solid and no braking force at all. Any help as I'm stumped !!
Cheers

jimbob-mcgrew
17-08-13, 02:17 AM
did both issues happen at the same time, or have you just got your hands on the car ?

7ova
17-08-13, 03:15 AM
Sounds like a air leak on the brake servo pipe or brake servo it's self?

kingwick
17-08-13, 07:50 AM
Happened at same time. I have had the car since 2003. It has been a brill servant. I thought servo. Put a vacuum reader on to it and the machine fell apart in my hand

AndrewJenkins
17-08-13, 08:21 AM
like above have you checked for air leaks? could be a air leak,servo or possible the little vacuum regulator in the pipes but i have heard of the servos going on this and thats what the symptoms sound like

kingwick
17-08-13, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm gonna stick a new servo in and take it from there it's the same price as the vacuum tool I bought that is now scrap ha. I'm thinking the servo has gone that explains the brakes and maybe air leak has caused limp mode ?? I put it on computer but no faults stored

kingwick
17-08-13, 09:09 PM
Servo didn't cure the fault. I investigated further and found a small hole in plastic inlet manifold. Below throttle body. Gonna get a new inlet and that should be it

jimbob-mcgrew
18-08-13, 12:23 AM
well spotted mate, that's most likely the issue.

the hole would upset the fueling (causing pants running)
and also break the vacuum for the servo assistance (causing pants brakes)

you MIGHT get away with aralditing a piece of plastic over the hole, for a temp bodge fix until you replace it :thumb:

Copie
18-08-13, 09:23 AM
maf pal, common fault, or crankshaft sensor

Asa-James
18-08-13, 11:41 AM
maf pal, common fault, or crankshaft sensor

and this would affect the brakes how? rock solid pedal = no vacuum in servo. hole in manifold = unmetered air entering the system, unable to fuel properly, will run lean, down on power, and make noises under accelleration. also, with said air leak, wouldnt be able to create vacuum for the servo, resulting in rock solid brakes.

good spot kingwick.

kingwick
19-08-13, 12:23 AM
It was a fluke spotting it. I had my torch and was poking about then realised I could see the light through the plastic and thought " that's not right" ha. Going to ring scrap yard in morning to price. Thanks for help guys

brainsnova
19-08-13, 12:30 AM
A mouse chewed through a plastic pipe on my mates sisters corsa lol