PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stud Wheel Conversion

J398SUR
11-08-13, 11:20 AM
Has anyone on here managed to modify there nova to take 5 studed wheels and is it an easy job .... Do vectra hubs fit on novas ?

Been offered a set of Lotus Carlton Wheels ....

Johnny A
11-08-13, 11:35 AM
People convert to 5-stud when going big block hubs as you can buy them in 5-stud. The rears they weld conversion plates onto the beam and bolt on 5-stud hubs off a a suitable donor.

Fitting 5-stud hubs only solves a small part of the headache you will face trying to fit LC wheels to a Nova!!!!

For now let's assume they are genuine LC wheels and not Azev-A's (common misconception), the fronts are 8.5" wide and the rears 9.5", I cannot remember the exact offset but the front is something like ET20!! I honestly doubt even a wide arch kit would allow them to tuck under, even factory carlton arches can swallow 8.5" 17's (just) but due to the offset arch extensions were added.

I've been after a set of LC wheels for years, I come across many people claiming they are selling LC wheels and they just turn out to be Azev-A's or people selling a set of 4 rear LC wheels (the fronts are harder to find)

Genuine LC wheels:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01125/LotusCarlton_1125156c.jpg

Azev A's:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj268/gti_2008/lotuscarlton092.jpg

J398SUR
11-08-13, 11:49 AM
Wow .. Thanks for the info I managed to dig up some old threads on this topic but I was unaware of the Offest being that much . Azev A don't even look the same .. The twisted profile of each blade of the LC look so good it's a shame they won't fit

Johnny A
11-08-13, 11:54 AM
Back in the late 90's/early 2000's a lot of LC replicas were made (with varied degrees of success) and the Azev A was the wheel of choice.

The Carltons were RWD and the correct offset was ET33 to begin with, would tramline so badly on a Nova. Would your friend be willing to sell the wheels to me if you have no use for them?

Mazz
11-08-13, 12:15 PM
No harm in asking I suppose!

imo your best bet with 5 stud is cav turbo wheels..

Don't the corsa C / meriva 5 stud's fit?

Johnny A
11-08-13, 12:26 PM
If it's FWD, 5-stud and not too large then it shouldn't be too much hassle to fit.

As Mazz said the Cav/Cally turbo fanblades are a good choice, or what about these:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20544_447454190213_6188157_n.jpg

Taken from an Astra-H 5-stud steelies 15"x6, 16x7 are found on the Vectra but I think they would stick out too much.

J398SUR
11-08-13, 01:04 PM
Back in the late 90's/early 2000's a lot of LC replicas were made (with varied degrees of success) and the Azev A was the wheel of choice.

The Carltons were RWD and the correct offset was ET33 to begin with, would tramline so badly on a Nova. Would your friend be willing to sell the wheels to me if you have no use for them?

I will ask him tonight .. hes offshore at the moment I will PM you his contact info

BRoadGhost
12-08-13, 10:44 PM
Why stick to original vauxhall alloy wheels?