PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.4 SR with all the trimmings

the_STIG
01-09-03, 11:23 AM
***Re-advertised as the car is now up and running, new engine is excellent no knockin or tapping. Very smooth acceleration. I am not wasting any potential buyers time i want to sell the car, so please do not waste mine. The car is also advertised on roybacer.co.uk where photos will be posted tonight. If interested please call or txt Larry on 07977230080 or e-mail Larrymurphy02@hotmail.com. Thanks***

As much as i dont want to im selling the Nova. My pride and Joy.

The car is a 1.4SR let me list the modifications

Performance;

Engine:

Standard 1400cc lump not bored out so very easy to insure
Weber 32/34 carb fitted improes fuel consumption and performance
K&N air filter
Petrol Filter
Ekotec Device fitted
Full Magnex Exhaust System fitted (except manifold)

Brakes:

Wilwood 4pot calipers up front with big discs drilled and vented (these are f**k huge)
Rear disc conversion carried out with Cavalier GSi discs and calipers fitted.

All nicely balanced so the back of the car doesnt lock up to early.

Suspension:
Rear- Spax 15point bottom adjustables
Front- 28 point top adjustables

The severity of the ride can be adjusted simply

Sparco Strut Brace fitted to the front
Lowered Approx 40mm on spax springs

Bodywork:

Original Flame Red (Very easy match new sprayed parts)
Bee sting arial fitted to roof
GSi Spoiler fitted
Flush Tailgate Fitted (V. Well done not just full of fillers, slam the tailgate for yourself) (push button operated)
Original Vinyl look kept as its something different!
15inch Alloys

Interior:

Standard Interior with the SR seats
Red/Grey seat trim, Grey/Black Dash
Lockwood White Dials fitted
Additional gauges fitted (Voltmeter, Oil Pressure)
Momo Steering Wheel
The car interior has been covered in sound deadening v.expensive to buy vert tim consuming to do.
Electric Windows
Central Locking
No Sunroof (Motorsport Shell )

Security:

Clifford alarm (5 i think) with total closure, proximity sensor, talks if you get close, vent windows at touch of a button etc.
Toad smoke Defender, fills car with smoke if electrics are tampered with (hot wiring)
Solex locks fitted, much mor resiliant to attack or lock picking

Four faults with the car

1. Heater control doesnt work (fan speed control dial in dash) fan works i just havent bothered removing the dash to check connections.
2. Clifford requires a little attention. The car arms itself about 10 min after dis arming. I believe its a 12v wire that feeds a signal to the alarm to say the car is running so it shudnt arm.
3. The front passenger wing is slightyly out of shape. Mr normal wudnt notice it but i do so im notifying you. Check the photos and u will see its not bad.
4. Slight bubble rust over rear passenger side wheel arch. Could probably be sanded back.

The car is a '91' J Plate with the engine having covered just over 100,000 miles

I have recent receipts for parts and service history and if there is interest in the car i will get the MOT done as there is only 3 months left. The car will pass no problems. The car has no structural weak points had no smacks or bangs its in v.good condition. I would call it Mint if it wasnt for the slight rust over one rear arch.

I am looking for ?1500 O.N.Ofor the car as it stands with a years ticket. (No I.C.E. Too expensive to part with)

The car is exceptional and i dont really want to part with it but the missus is putting her foot down. Lads you know you have been there and you know its a genuine reason for selling!!!!

I dont have any where to post photos on the internet but will e-mail pictures to anyone interested!!!!

I live in NW London, and the car will be available for viewing from Sat onwards.

Reply on this board or mail me at Larrymurphy02@hotmail.com

***As if this wasnt a bargain as it stands i have removed the 1.4lump from the car and i am now engaged in porting it polishing de coking and resitting the valves back into the head. If the car gets even faster i might not be able to part with it!!!!***

Or txt me on 07977230080