PDA

View Full Version : Water jets front screen

Nova00
09-08-13, 06:50 PM
looking for improvements to getting water to screen !
Any replacements / simple modifications suggested ?

mowgli
09-08-13, 06:51 PM
blow them out with an airline. nothing more.

Adam
09-08-13, 09:46 PM
Fit mist jets off a more modern Vauxhall ?

meritlover
09-08-13, 09:50 PM
replace the washer pump for a Bosch fuel pump.

millworm
10-08-13, 12:30 AM
was looking for an upgrade too, maybe one that spays a mist rather than a direct jet

Spudly
10-08-13, 10:10 AM
Ive replaced mine with a pair of universal twin jet washers, theyre way better!

I did have some aftermarket ones on an old nova, they looked like alloy nuts and had a slash cut into them so they sprayed a slash/mist instead, they were even better, cant for the life of me remember where i got them from though, your local motorfactors should stock universal ones like the ones i currently have, i got mine from my work (motorfactors)

Nova00
10-08-13, 11:06 AM
Thanks
Sound like a look on Ebay is required

I did have some aftermarket ones on an old nova, they looked like alloy nuts and had a slash cut into them so they sprayed a slash/mist instead, they were even better, cant for the life of me remember where i got them from though, your local motorfactors should stock universal ones like the ones i currently have, i got mine from my work (motorfactors)

Benn
10-08-13, 05:19 PM
I use the pair that came with the 'classic car' washer pump bag thing, they have a nice set with adjustable metal inners... Really nice jets. Set them right in the middle of the screen...

novalew
10-08-13, 08:31 PM

Halfords sold these. Not sure if they still do.

meritlover
10-08-13, 09:48 PM
Washer jets with blue LEDs are pretty effective.