PDA

View Full Version : Refurb steering racks?

leggattr
07-08-13, 07:26 PM
Where's the best place to pick one up from at a good price? Emailed a few places on eBay but not heard back today. Not looking at exchanging for mine just looking to buy build up ready to fit but prob minus track rods .

Cheers
Richard

blue_peg_16v
07-08-13, 11:33 PM
There's one listen for nova van on gay bay for £35

There all the same

mowgli
08-08-13, 10:39 AM
or buy a corsa b one.. the rack is the same, but the track rods are longer.

and if you want a quick-rack, buy a corsa b EPAS one.

Iain
08-08-13, 10:41 AM
Not an option to recon the one you have or a second hand one? Strip the rack and pinion out, new bearing, inspect and regrease with new arms and rods won't come to that much I wouldn't have thought

L14MNP
08-08-13, 11:27 AM
Not an option to recon the one you have or a second hand one? Strip the rack and pinion out, new bearing, inspect and regrease with new arms and rods won't come to that much I wouldn't have thought

Too much hassle, for the cost of them.

OP, just open your eyes. I bet bgay is littered with them, for pennies.

Iain
08-08-13, 11:37 AM
Could always buy an old ropey one and send it off for exchange if none are available on the shelf.

Marcusgeorge
08-08-13, 11:49 AM
Which corsa's have the epas ??

Presumably the corsa b face lift ?? Or the C

L14MNP
08-08-13, 12:06 PM
Could always buy an old ropey one and send it off for exchange if none are available on the shelf.

True.

Exchange units from a motorfactors will likely be two to three times the price though, imo.

Iain
08-08-13, 12:51 PM
My local factors were about £30 exchange Liam, Sutton part of BuyPartsBy (online).

Both Bs and Cs had EPAS, but to fit a Nova you want a B rack.

L14MNP
08-08-13, 01:57 PM
Cheap enough then. I stand corrected.

**** ebay.

leggattr
08-08-13, 03:32 PM
I've heard back from both the cheaper places on the bay. The £35 option seems a good bet, it's just an original case with non gm inners and rods.
The other I contacted was a £50 corsa b one with quick rack. These have had some use so wasn't 100% sure on them.
I would need a rack ready to go in as the nova is in daily use.