PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Nova on the Costa Blanca.

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 05:05 PM
As some of you will be aware I'm back from a recent trip to Spain. Whilst there, amongst other activities I hunted Opel Corsa A's.

Found this one on a forecourt a few Km's from where I was staying.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/IMG_1545_zps53094524.jpg

It was a Sunday and the yard was closed, but from what I could see fom the fence it was pretty clean and fairly priced.

So spent the evening debating if *A) should I buy it, and if *B) should I drive it home or get it shipped.

Went back on Monday morning to have a proper look at it, but then decided against it as it needs a little attention.

I did notice on the Sunday that the paint gun must have been out at some point, but didn't quite bank on by how much. Its actually a good job, but could still be better.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/IMG_1575_zps50a9776d.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/IMG_1580_zps8e0eb359.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/IMG_1574_zpse432f2cc.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/smith9051/IMG_1579_zps812afed4.jpg

Thought I would share anyway. Its covered 66,000kms and really is in nice condition. Needs a few new lenses and a drivers door bump strip as its screwed in place, but otherwise would be an excellent base.

Full brown interior and completely rust free.

If anyone is interested I can forward the details. The seller will let it go a lot cheaper, and it can be shipped to anywhere in the UK for a very good price.

This is of course however NOT a for sale thread.

meritlover
01-08-13, 05:09 PM
it will get wet if you try and drive it home.

L14MNP
01-08-13, 05:18 PM
it will get wet if you try and drive it home.

Yes, from sea water leaking into the cracked lamp clusters.

This would make a sad Nova.

therealnovaboy
01-08-13, 05:37 PM
The seller will let it go a lot cheaper, and it can be shipped to anywhere in the UK for a very good price.

What exactly is a very good price?

Benn
01-08-13, 05:48 PM
Got to be a very very clean shell from the looks, can't believe you didn't buy it...

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 05:51 PM
£500 shipped anywhere in the UK.
Which is cheaper than it could be driven home for, unless taking it through France which would only be marginally cheaper.

It wasn't quite clean enough for me Benn. I don't really want a base model, but would have had it if it was immaculate.

therealnovaboy
01-08-13, 06:04 PM
Thats pretty reasonable. Do you have to pay an import tax on that?

Youd be better with one with a grey dash cos youll never find a brown dash to convert it to rhd

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 06:08 PM
Youd be better with one with a grey dash cos youll never find a brown dash to convert it to rhd

Are you serious?

MiniManDan118
01-08-13, 08:21 PM
Are you serious?
Ahahahahaha lol

burgo
01-08-13, 08:34 PM
You must be mad. Thats stunning

Will F
01-08-13, 08:45 PM
500 shipped?? That's cheap, as it must cost a few hundred to get it over here?

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 08:48 PM
£500 is the shipping fee.

tahir868
01-08-13, 08:54 PM
That is cool :)

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 08:55 PM
You must be mad. Thats stunning

To be fair I gave it a good think. Even sat inside the big map of Spain with a pen and paper as I intended to drive it up to Santander and catch the ferry to Plymouth.

But in the big scheme of things I'm just not fanatical enough about them, so decided its not for me.

Had a PM and have forwarded its details so it may well still make its way over.

Southie
01-08-13, 09:18 PM
What was so bad on it then for you not to get it?

8valve-craig
01-08-13, 10:03 PM
Nothing was too bad. If you look at the passenger sill in pic 1 its dented upwards where the car has bottomed out on a kerb at some point,

The rear 1/4 cards were peeling,
The drivers door trim had a self tapper holding it to the door,
The rear bumper had a rivet holding it to the drivers side outer arch,
The drivers rear tail-light was cracked,
The passenger front indicator lens was broken,
The full passenger side has been painted but it was masked along the line of the rear arch return so that returning area facing the tyre wasn't painted.

All minor's which are easily sorted, but then coupling them with the fact that its a LHD base model it just didn't float my boat.

mk1nova_rich
01-08-13, 10:51 PM
I think I'd have just bought it there and then and driven it home lol

marc69
01-08-13, 11:21 PM
I think it is a corsa swing which means it's been resprayed as the stickers are not there. Otherwise a lovely find, wouldbe cool to see it uk roads.

meritlover
01-08-13, 11:24 PM
Nothing was too bad. If you look at the passenger sill in pic 1 its dented upwards where the car has bottomed out on a kerb at some point,

The rear 1/4 cards were peeling,
The drivers door trim had a self tapper holding it to the door,
The rear bumper had a rivet holding it to the drivers side outer arch,
The drivers rear tail-light was cracked,
The passenger front indicator lens was broken,
The full passenger side has been painted but it was masked along the line of the rear arch return so that returning area facing the tyre wasn't painted.

All minor's which are easily sorted, but then coupling them with the fact that its a LHD base model it just didn't float my boat.

youre right, just burn it. £500 gets you a whole lot of firelighters.

Andy
01-08-13, 11:45 PM
youre right, just burn it. £500 gets you a whole lot of firelighters.
mkat and fire ftw

8valve-craig
02-08-13, 07:59 AM
I think it is a corsa swing which means it's been resprayed as the stickers are not there. Otherwise a lovely find, wouldbe cool to see it uk roads.

Yes you are correct, although the big SWING sticker on the drivers door does sort of give it away.

marc69
02-08-13, 10:30 AM
Yes you are correct, although the big SWING sticker on the drivers door does sort of give it away.

I never noticed that lol!