PDA

View Full Version : single wiper conversion

gavman462
31-08-03, 07:56 PM
ive seen guides on the net for a diy single wiper conversion, is this anygood and how hard a job is it. would it just be better to get the proper kit which costs about ?90?

cheers for your help

Jim
31-08-03, 09:57 PM
I've heard bad things about CIY conversions like the sweep not being good enough, or the arm knocking on the bulkhead. I bought a proper Storm kit from a styling place near me and i've had no problems. It cost around ?80 was easy to fit and looks really good :)

Jim

locky
31-08-03, 10:13 PM
With it tapping on the bulkhead, u just gota bend the rod a little!

epo
31-08-03, 11:08 PM
I've heard bad things about DIY conversions like the sweep not being good enough, or the arm knocking on the bulkhead. I bought a proper Storm kit from a styling place near me and i've had no problems. It cost around ?80 was easy to fit and looks really good :)

Jim

mines the same spot on although id wudnt mind a full plastic cover for me wiper arm as mine went a bit rusty

Alex
01-09-03, 12:16 AM
mine works just as well as a pro one. no knocking and the sweep is just right. you just have to play with it a little.

Aamir
01-09-03, 02:52 PM
I had a single wiper using a Fiat Uno motor,
only worked on a single speed (prob my wiring)
it had good range.

Will be trying the DIY conversion very soon,
will post here results here.

Try the DIY first, tweak it, if you're still not happy,
then bin it & buy the proper kit, I'm told the kit replaces
the complete linkage.

Jim
01-09-03, 08:53 PM
mines the same spot on although id wudnt mind a full plastic cover for me wiper arm as mine went a bit rusty

same here epo. I think I've found a wiper that might fit and has a cover. I'll do some research and let you know how i get on.

Jim

Freak
01-09-03, 09:17 PM
saxo rear arm
Polo rear arm
golf mk4 rear arm
Focus rear arm

Or the best- Pug 306 rear arm (Late one is smooth)

Jim
01-09-03, 09:18 PM
I hear PVD sell the covers, pm MattyWoo for more info.

Jim

epo
05-09-03, 12:03 PM
nice 1 thx

pickle
06-09-03, 01:02 PM
i have a single wiper conversion on my nova and it looks smart as fuck. i bought mine though. my mate has a golf with a single wiper conversion but he did his himself which also looks the dog's bollocks, but not as good as the one's u buy coz his does'nt stay in the middle like mine.check it out in sri's

pickle
06-09-03, 01:03 PM
i have a single wiper conversion on my nova and it looks smart as fuck. i bought mine though. my mate has a golf with a single wiper conversion but he did his himself which also looks the dog's bollocks, but not as good as the one's u buy coz his does'nt stay in the middle like mine.check it out in sri's