PDA

View Full Version : Engine conversion

Daveo
28-07-13, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know of any problems that would come up if I was to drop a E16SE in my 1.0l saloon apart from fuel tank/return line

Southie
28-07-13, 09:18 PM
This is worth a read to get you started:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?186784-Electrical-issues-found-when-fitting-a-larger-engine-in-a-1.0

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:24 PM
thanks southie, it saved me looking it up..

seriously, Daveo, its a doddle... you need the complete engine & box, as the 1.0 box is a different shape, the driveshafts fit ok, you need to make sure you have a 5 speed gear stick(or modify the 4 speed, but i can't see the point) and the actual wiring is ridiculously simple.

Southie
28-07-13, 09:32 PM
Glad you typed it up, saved my saying "ask Mowgli" lol

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:34 PM
Glad you typed it up, saved my saying "ask Mowgli" lol

damn, you worked out why i did it....... lol lol

i did ask admin to make it a sticky in the electrical section though, as its not really a how to..

Daveo
28-07-13, 09:46 PM
I know I will need a new mount for drivers side.

Are the electrics the only big issue with the change?

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:54 PM
you only need to drill 2 holes to mount the air filter, everything else fits straight on.

the most important thing is to get the engine complete with all the engine loom, ie. fuel relay, ecu, afm & all the pipes & wires round the manifolds.

the ecu needs a battery +ve, an ignition +ve(this is the most important as it needs to be the permanent live) & an earth... then there is the wire for the rev counter & the one for the EML. that is it, you re-use everything else on your old engine.

Daveo
28-07-13, 09:56 PM
I've put a rev counter wire in already due to having 6dial clocks but my eml is connected up to my choke atm

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:59 PM
you have done the right thing with them. just re-read my other thread about all the other wires & you should have it running in no time..

my personal best was removing a 1.2 & fitting a 1.6 in in 4 hrs on a sunday afternoon, on my own without an engine crane & whilst half pissed. & driving it to work on the monday morning.

Daveo
28-07-13, 10:35 PM
That's amazing haha. Is dropping it out the bottom the best way without a crane?

mowgli
28-07-13, 10:53 PM
yes