View Full Version : More V6 fitting questions?

Danb1987
28-07-13, 09:00 PM
1. What's the easiest way to actually get the v6 in place? Top or bottom?

2. I understand that wiring is the same as a redtop conversion, but where are the actual wires that I should be connecting to?

3. What external fuel pump could I get from the scrappy?

Really lost with all this. All I managed to accomplish yesterday was to turn the nova around :(

Jack
28-07-13, 09:41 PM
I can't remember which way we did the 3.0 in the saloon, but I have a feeling it was from above as the heads would have hit the steering rack and front crossmember.

External fuel pump, I use the same external 3.0 bar type as I used on the 2.0 - but looking into it yesterday to replace it (as my third one has just died lol) I think the Omegas had 3.8 bar pumps but they were all internal tank jobbers. The 3.0 bar one has worked fine for me though.

Wiring I think was the same as a 2.0 in terms of connecting to the car. Just don't cut the immobiliser out if you have one lol

Danb1987
28-07-13, 09:48 PM
But where are the wires I need to be looking for In the car? Like place wise.

Just down by the steering column? I ment to ask you at billing If I could have a nosey to helpe out.

It's killing me now lol I'm giving up on the damn thing.

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:56 PM
wires are piss easy. if you give up over them i'll personally come to your house & bitch slap you.

there are enough wires in the engine loom of any nova to wire up an xe or a v6. you don't need to piss about looking for them.

what was your original engine size??

Danb1987
28-07-13, 10:07 PM
1.2 carb dude,

So far iv fitted a gte tank but the pump I got given doesn't seem to work,

Iv stitched the engine bay, had the engine In place chopped what's needed out the front panel, modified the rear mani and down pipes to suit..... But then I got lost with putting the engine wiring loom back on the v6 as I didn't take any pics when I took it off lol

Now I think the loom I on as it should be but there's a few sensors etc left blank il get some pics when it's light.

Iv not yet chopped any holes for the loom to go into the nova interior yet.

Nobby
30-07-13, 09:21 AM
I put mine in from the bottom but it is tight, there is no wires to look for really you need to make your own its really easy. You need a external pump from a XE or 2.0 8v or similar vauxhall ideally

Jack
30-07-13, 10:10 AM
When you say the pump doesn't work, is that as in just like theres no power to it? Could be relay or immobiliser related.

Engine side of the loom should be relatively easy to fit, lay it over the engine and you should find the wires sit roughly in the correct places for all the sensors they plug into lol Mine was a bit harder as the inlet is reversed so Lee did a bit of jiggery pokery extending stuff, but if you're using a standard 2.5 inlet you should be ok.