PDA

View Full Version : single point to multi point help?

corey1102
28-07-13, 02:24 PM
i am currently running a spi 1.2 nova and have bought a c14se (mpi) with wiring loom and ecu but the wiring loom doesnt include the part which goes to the barrel for what im guessing is the imobilizer / chip in key part. what can i do with this do i need a ecu which doesnt need a key chip or the imobilizer part or do they all run it? what other stuff does the part of the wiring loom work? there are 4 or 5 wires i think, are these like management light etc and just imobilizer?

does anyone know what to do ?

can a c14se ecu be decoded or something like that and is the part of the loom that i am struggling with all ready exist in the 1.2 spi loom and with a decoded loom would it run?

cheers corey

mowgli
28-07-13, 04:12 PM
the c14se is basic enough to fit with out any form of immobiliser, if it is from a nova. if its from a corsa, i'm not sure though.

what vehicle did you get it from?

also you need an mpi pump for the tank.

Adam
28-07-13, 05:03 PM
Corsa won't have immob on a c14se. Don't think any c14se had coded ECU's tbh.

Just wire it straight to the car loom as the spi loom is a pain in the **** and you can't remove it.

corey1102
28-07-13, 05:32 PM
It all came from a vauxhall astra 1994 mk3 c14se and it had what looked like an imobilizer ring clipped to barrel and had a chip in key buy the ring and key were damaged and not for sale. Is it a different in tank pump for the mpi engines? What do you mean the spi is a pain and how would you go on with wiring the mpi injectors and so on in with out using the correct loom?

nath2905
28-07-13, 05:34 PM
i have a c14se ecu and loom in my corsa and the loom was out of a corsa and that is not coded, i also swapped from a spi, but the corsa have the black 9 pin block

corey1102
28-07-13, 05:44 PM
Which 9 pin block do you mean and what does it connect to ? Did the corsa have a ring around the barrel with a wire attached?

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:21 PM
It all came from a vauxhall astra 1994 mk3 c14se and it had what looked like an imobilizer ring clipped to barrel and had a chip in key buy the ring and key were damaged and not for sale. Is it a different in tank pump for the mpi engines? What do you mean the spi is a pain and how would you go on with wiring the mpi injectors and so on in with out using the correct loom?

the mpi pump is much higher pressure. you can use the corsa b or astra mk3 mpi pumps, as they are in tank, but you need to shorten the inlet pipe to fit.

if you have the complete engine loom for the c14se, does it have the multipluig on the end? and the necessary ecu etc?, if so, with a little help from the haynes book, it will not be a difficult fitting job at all.

corey1102
28-07-13, 09:27 PM
i have the ecu and multi plug, do you mean the vauxhall nova haynes manual?

mowgli
28-07-13, 09:33 PM
i have the ecu and multi plug, do you mean the vauxhall nova haynes manual?

yes. you can connect up the 5 odd wires into the loom with not much bother at all.