PDA

View Full Version : just a few bits i would like to ask, suspension wise

nath2905
27-07-13, 04:07 PM
i have a nova mk2 it was a 1.0 spin if that helps, fulling in bits, i plan on getting all the bits and bobs off to be sand blasted but before i do that i want to make sure i have a good set up for this,

so the bottom arms, dont have a plate on the bottom they are open, where as my corsa ones have the plate... so if i was to get corsa b ones are they the same?

also my nova doesnt have any anti roll bar, do they normally?
and do corsa ones fit too?

(asking about corsa things as they are the easiest parts to get hold of)

hubs? i plan on a 8v engine going in, but will the bearings be the same in the hubs for the cv joints off a 8v?

i will be grateful of any help thanks :), or a set up what you use :thumb:

John
27-07-13, 04:29 PM
Corsa b lower arms aren't the same iirc. If you wish you can get plates to weld the lower arms up.

low performance spec models didn't get an arb, sr/sri/gte/gsi did. the corsa b has a wider track so the corsa arb won't fit.

All nova hubs are the same, ie if you put a 1.4 engine and box in, just use the nova shafts and hubs that you already have.They will fit.

hth :)

nath2905
27-07-13, 04:40 PM
thanks :), didnt any nova have the lower arm plates?, shocks and springs are the same though arent they?

meritlover
27-07-13, 06:38 PM
didnt any nova have the lower arm plates?

no

shocks and springs are the same though arent they?

technically yes. MacPherson struts fits, as do the springs but they have different rates. i cant remember what the top mount situation is re. compatibility.

marc69
27-07-13, 06:43 PM
Corsa b shocks and springs will fit but the front will be stiffer due to different rates and will sit a lot higher, also the camber angles etc is different, so they fit but whther they will do the right job is another question.

The rear all fits and works fine though.

If you are upgrading the suspension i would say upgrade the front and rear springs for lower and stiffer, also making sure th dampers are upgraded too, or get front coilovers.

nath2905
27-07-13, 07:06 PM
cheers guy... i do have nearly new front and read coilovers, (rear's the same as fronts, not shocks and springs), what i brought intending for the corsa but never fitted them, thats why i asked the question

therealnovaboy
27-07-13, 08:08 PM

no

Did the nova vans not have plated lower arms or have I dreamt it?

meritlover
27-07-13, 08:09 PM
perhaps, they might have. But the TD never did so i cant see why they would develop purely for the van. Would be interested to know though.

John
27-07-13, 09:22 PM
Did the nova vans not have plated lower arms or have I dreamt it?

You have dreamt it :)

Andy
27-07-13, 09:25 PM
plated top mounts is your dream/nightmare *delete as appropriate

meritlover
27-07-13, 10:15 PM
sounds like a wet-dream

marc69
27-07-13, 10:17 PM
sounds like a wet-dream

If the nightmare is bad enough could be wet too lol