PDA

View Full Version : How much?

techie
31-08-03, 04:46 PM
I know this gets asked all the time and is probably really tedious but how much do you think my car is worth?

I'm considering selling it on soon and moving onto better things (shock horror), anyone with some sensible offers?

spec here

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=918

Cheers

Ross

jatinder
31-08-03, 05:45 PM
?2500 coz its mint that will probably be the highest, what car your going for next, i wanna sell mine but i dont want some spotty 17 year old to buy it and put led washer jets and viper stripes on it :o

krobinson
31-08-03, 05:58 PM
WHAT????

Why are you looking to sell ross? It's worth about ?1000 book value, but you'd get ?1500/1700 easy for it!

I'd rather have your nova than ?1500! I mean what can you buy for ?1500 thats better than your nova? a 1993 corsa? lol

Jim
31-08-03, 06:04 PM
Here we go again :roll: :P :lol:

Jim

Anton
31-08-03, 06:28 PM
id have it, but to high on insurance for me

techie
31-08-03, 07:58 PM
Here we go again :roll: :P :lol:

Jim

Tee Hee Hee...sorry Jim.

I wont be getting anything for ?1500 Keith...more like ?10,000

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1727

or maybe...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/fabia/vrs/microsite/images/w600_12.jpg

Summat like that anyhow.

Gazza14SR
31-08-03, 08:32 PM
Its all about finding the right buyer tbh, or the buyer finding you!

I was driving through notts last night and this guy in a corsa had been following me for ages, pulled in at McD's and he asked me if i was selling it, said he would offer around 1900, am quite tempted as i thought id never get that for it and gave him my mobile number and we're meeting up nx week.

Thing is though, am not sure what to really get or start to look at and unsure if i wanna get rid yet.

Gaz

Jules
31-08-03, 08:53 PM
Its all about finding the right buyer tbh, or the buyer finding you!

I was driving through notts last night and this guy in a corsa had been following me for ages, pulled in at McD's and he asked me if i was selling it, said he would offer around 1900, am quite tempted as i thought id never get that for it and gave him my mobile number and we're meeting up nx week.

Thing is though, am not sure what to really get or start to look at and unsure if i wanna get rid yet.

Gaz

Sell it for ?1900 and you're happy, Buy Techies for ?1900 and he's happy (maybe..), so basically you'd be swapping your car for Techies mint GSi and you're both happy - everyone's a winner!!!
:D

techie
31-08-03, 08:57 PM
Hmm now that sounds like a good idea.

Gazza14SR
31-08-03, 09:15 PM
Wouldnt be able to afford insurance on a gsi.

and i think if i do sell it id probably only get a 1.0 or 1.2 cuz insurance at the min is stupid, struggleing but manageing with it.

techie
31-08-03, 09:23 PM
Shame you could have been the envy of your mates. :)

jkhilton
01-09-03, 01:47 PM
we're meeting up nx week.

Be careful with this mate. It does seem to be a very high offer for your car, dont go alone to meet this guy or you could end up with no car atall!!! I know it sounds harsh, but do you know who he is or where he is from? where are you meeting him? what time etc etc.

Ben (lurk75)
01-09-03, 02:13 PM
Be careful with this mate. It does seem to be a very high offer for your car, dont go alone to meet this guy or you could end up with no car atall!!! I know it sounds harsh, but do you know who he is or where he is from? where are you meeting him? what time etc etc.

I hate selling cars, i dont like people coming round my house to buy parts etc.

was once selling a car and a car with 6 people pulled up and they all jumped out and started pulling my car about, i was only 17 and was in the house on my own.

All ended up ok though.

Tilly
01-09-03, 02:18 PM
FAMILY CAR :o

Fester
01-09-03, 02:20 PM
My old mans nipped my vision in the bud by not allowing me to put it in one of the garages(!) HOW GAY IS THAT

Tilly
01-09-03, 02:23 PM
very gay fester :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
01-09-03, 02:30 PM
A big gay fester that a catchy rank name :wink:

Gazza14SR
01-09-03, 06:42 PM
he seems to be a genuine chap, he drives a new corsa at the minute but is looking for something abit older for a project car kinda.

Thanks for the warning but am sure there wont be nothing to worry about.

RobIsGrt18
01-09-03, 08:40 PM
i'd be interested in buying it ross !! :) !! arrgghh im torn between getting a gsi or a clio 16v ??

Paul
01-09-03, 09:09 PM
Ross,

For such a shite amount for such a mint GSi, y not keep it?

U've spent a lot on it, and u aint really had it that long.

Think about it, ?1500 and getting rid of a MINT GSi, something that is SO hard to find, u'd be stupid.

Anyhows, 10k on a car, fine up to you, but keep the GSi. Do something mental.

Save insurance on a new car, ie not RS skoda, maybe a 1.2 skoda, wot u save on buying it and insuring it, u could 2.0 or evenm 2.0 turbo ur GSi???

Have the cjheap petrol no problem run around new car, and then have your performance mental 'cruise' car, ur GSi.

I know what i would do if i were in your situation.

Fair enough you want to move on, but why not keep what you have too??

Stuart
01-09-03, 10:21 PM
umm how is an RS felicia a "family car"?? lol

go for it get the RS, it will be a right hoot to have, plus with your new job you can *cough*alter*cough* it very easily.

personally i'd not go for a "brand" new, new car as the value plumets but hey.

ask ?1700 and settle on ?1500 as the min

techie
01-09-03, 10:41 PM
go for it get the RS, it will be a right hoot to have, plus with your new job you can *cough*alter*cough* it very easily.

Thats the plan my man ;)

I would keep the Nova but space is limited and by the time ive played with the Fabia I wont be interested in the Nova anyhow wont be anywhere near as fast.

Been offered ?2k for the Nova which I think is fair and will take that offer nearer the end of the year unless someone else bids before then (chap is saving pennies as he really wants it).

My new job is about a 50 miles around trip and I dont want to do that in the Nova so its going to go....someone will enjoy it as much as I have...times change things move on.

krobinson
02-09-03, 02:33 AM
I really want your nova...

But:

A. your in england, i'm in northern ireland, so major hasstle!
B. i havent got ?2k
C. the bank wont give me a loan because i havent got any credit history yet as i've never got any credit cards etc

damn :(

Keith

techie
02-09-03, 05:49 PM
Ahh never mind Keith, ill keep doing the lottery, if I win i'll ship the car over to you as a pressie :)

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-03, 05:54 PM
skoda man

we had an old guy lived over the road who owned a skoda until we tipped it upside down and wrote skip down the side :roll:

Mark
02-09-03, 06:19 PM
skoda man

we had an old guy lived over the road who owned a skoda until we tipped it upside down and wrote skip down the side :roll:

You cruel B*****d!!

Funny But cruel!! :lol: