PDA

View Full Version : x16xe and x16xel info please ?

Bamo
25-07-13, 06:32 PM
hi all need some infoo,
i know the xel is lower bhp and low comp but..
could i put an xel block with a x16xe, head inlet so on?
what is the different in the blocks between the 2 engines the size of the rods and pistons? cheers dale.

mowgli
25-07-13, 06:35 PM
the xel & xe have the same bottom ends. the heads are definitely different, as the xel has a different rocker cover & they aren't interchangeable. the manifolds are interchangeable though.
yes you could fit an xel block with an xe head.

but there really isn't much difference internally between the 2 engines,

Bamo
25-07-13, 07:28 PM
arh spot on cheers for that :)

paddy235
25-07-13, 07:42 PM
When my mates hi spec x16xe was being built. The builder used and xel head he was told they are better, i don't know the reason why though

therealnovaboy
25-07-13, 08:01 PM
does the xel not have triangular ports like the better flowing C16XE.

be interesting to know if the XEL was a better head than the C16XE or wheather it is just because the XEL is more availabile.

philip
25-07-13, 08:24 PM
The xel head has triangular inlets and sbd claim they flow better, but I'm yet too see a race engine on these xel heads, I deal a lot with martin bowyer and. Know he has inlets mades and pretty sure he doesn't do them for the xel heads. I saw first sight developement dth tbs but not enough meat around the tb to match port them.

The c16xe head is about 1/1.5mm larger than the x16/14 heads. I can get heads port bored to open the later X series heads up anyway so don't specifically need to source the c16 heads as they are getting much harder to find now.

But design wise the x16/14xe heads is same port shape as the c168e clover leaf type not triangular like the xel heads.