PDA

View Full Version : seat ibiza tdi

benji
31-08-03, 03:20 PM
i had a bit of a race with a seat ibiza tdi today. i want to know how to tell the differance between a 100 and a 130. the seat web site says the 100 is a S or SE and the 130 is a SPORT. but this just had a TDI badge, the 'T' was silver and the 'DI' was red. if this is like the golf's i would say it was a 130 but i wan't confermation

does anyone have any idea?

Cheers

Ben.

edit: It was a 52 reg

techie
31-08-03, 04:43 PM
Yup ur right.

If the 'i' is in red its a 100 bhp Ibiza,

If the 'Di' is in red its a 130 bhp Ibiza

I'm looking at getting the latter sometime soon, so look out the Nova may well be for sale.

benji
01-09-03, 07:52 PM
that has surprised me because i was following him out of stoke and noticed the TDI badge. when the road changed from 50 to national speed limit and he shot off. I gave chase and we soon approched traffic, when the traffic moved over we both went for it and there was hardly anything in it. this was from 60/70 up to whatever. he was pulling away ever so slightly. if we had started side by side then i recon he would have pulled level with my bonnet.

this was repeated time and time again over about 30 miles on the a50 at one point he moved over and i went past at about 115/120spoons :wink: i dont know if he topped out or lost his bottle. i pulled in and eased off and he went past again.and the same 70-whatever race was repeated. he kept looking in his mirrors to see where i was so i presume he was trying

i am very surprised that it was a 130 because mine is just a 1.4 with a 32/32 weber, 1-4 manifold and a system

Stuart
01-09-03, 10:30 PM
dont forget diesels dont rev so high or at such a fast rate. so yes you get shed loads of torque (and now power) but its delivery is a bit mroe laid back than petrol.

even the 2.5TD's top out at about 120 mph lol

techie
01-09-03, 10:36 PM
Im hopefully getting one of these

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1731

Same PD 130 bhp 229 lbft diesel engine and six speed box as Ibiza (is the same platform aswell) but costs ?11,995 new (roughly the cost of a year old Ibiza TDi).

Also piss cheap on insurance :)