PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a nova got some questions 1st

lee 16v
23-07-13, 12:33 AM
Hi im thinking of getting a nova again, been looking about and the front panels seem to be a bit messy on a lot of them. Can you still get these new and if so what sort of money do they cost?
Can you still get rear archs and doors too? I think its important to start with a good shell or you are p*$$ing in the wind before you start.
Also is it a crime to unface lift a mk 2 nova and go mk1 gte/sr ?

mowgli
23-07-13, 06:35 AM
s/hand doors are getting expensive i believe you can still get them from germany new at huge cost.., you can get front panel & rear arch panels fairly easily from uk sources

re the mk2-mk1 one thing.... IMO you are only undoing a crime the gm stylists committed lol

lee 16v
23-07-13, 08:02 AM
re the mk2-mk1 one thing.... IMO you are only undoing a crime the gm stylists committed lol

Hahahaha. I do like the mk2 dash better but thats about it.

Thanks for the info on panels.

Also, on a let, where do people put the intercooler if they dont want it to be seen from the outside, ie dont want to cut a big hole in the bumper.

bazil
23-07-13, 08:13 AM
Most cut a recess into the front panel to house the cooler and trim the bumper as little as possible to keep it out if sight.

Rear arch repair section are about £15 a side from my local autoshop
Front panels are available in genuine GM parts and can cost up to £200 but aftermarket ones are available from around £90 on eBay etc

Brand new passenger doors are available in Europe at around £130 a door but drivers ones are much rarer and cost upwards of £250