PDA

View Full Version : What alarm

nova20xe
22-07-13, 09:07 PM
What's people's opinion on alarms and what's the best one to go for?

chrisd1986
22-07-13, 09:13 PM
Never actually bothered tbh as these days if somone wants your car they will break into your house for it, i have gone for the good old snap off boss as who would steat a car without a steerng wheel

Southie
22-07-13, 09:20 PM
Get a decent cat1 alarm, it will keep your insurance down ;)

mowgli
22-07-13, 09:27 PM
all alarms get ignored...immobiliser would be better

nova20xe
22-07-13, 09:28 PM
Never seen a snap off boss before, looks quite awesome and like you say more likely to keep the car safe lol

marc69
22-07-13, 09:32 PM
I alarm all my cars, and fit immobilisers except this year I didn't bother with the track car as it sits behind another car so they would never get it off the drive.

They tried to nick the unalarmed one, obviously they couldn't steal it but made a mess of my door, and now I have to alarm a track car....crazy.

In my opinion it is another deterent so for a cart which is easy to steal, every deterent is a good thing.

I remove the CD players and put in tape players (no-one will ever want one lol), alarm, immobilse and use wheel locks, seems a bit much but we have all known plenty folk with stolen cars.

chrisd1986
22-07-13, 09:33 PM
Have you not i just take my wheel off and problem solved. And the best thing is they are all different as i bought 2 so i could have 1 wheel for 2 cars. Tbh you could put a switch on the fuel pump wires and hide it somwere, my saloon had this from the perm live on the ingition switch

Andy
22-07-13, 09:41 PM
your a mug if you think a wheel off is the answer.
Dya not think they would bust ya door down if they wanted it that much?
Its just a big key!
There is ar5eholes kicking doors in then boiling kettles and waking car owners up threatening to pour it on them or their family for the keys......

chrisd1986
22-07-13, 10:13 PM
Mate i lived in a rough ass estate in merseyside for 25 years and am now living out in the country in the lake district were all the locals dont even lock there cars or in some cases leave the keys in the ignition and then look at me weird for having atleast one bit of security on my car. Ive had attempted thefts and cars vandalised in the past and fitted a immobilser and a big yellow disc lock but no ammou t of security will stop somone if they want your car that much

Andy
22-07-13, 10:17 PM
Exactly my point.
Garage is the best answer,out of sight,out of minds of scummers

chrisd1986
22-07-13, 10:23 PM
That didn stop them were i used to live. Just buy a vicious dog that only you can control sorted

Andy
22-07-13, 10:24 PM
bastads!

chrisd1986
22-07-13, 10:27 PM
bastads!

Yer i got sick of it and didnt bother with a project car for a while. I had a screen smashed on xmas day by piss heads fighting, and 5 cars including mine got pelted with dog $hit a couple of weeks after and people wondered why i move house 7 times in 5 years

nova20xe
23-07-13, 07:04 AM
Christ you have had it rough with your cars mate, it's not that bad where I am but just want to have a little extra when my car is ready

bazzap8389
23-07-13, 10:01 AM
I've got a Clifford avant guard in mine, has alarm immobiliser remote start etc. great for piece of mind.