PDA

View Full Version : shakespear county raceway

brucer
21-07-13, 04:40 PM
hey all, just looking to get peoples views/oppinions on shakey, I went there today for the first time and found it lacking in a lot of areas compared to other places.

no doubt I would go back as its the closest strip to me, will be more prepared now I know what im up against. lol

thoughts please.....

bruce.

scott.parker
21-07-13, 04:51 PM
It's my local, yes it's not as fancy as the pod is now, but it doesn't see car shows, it gets used for top fuel stuff though in the caldera of races etc.
Best thing is, if its quiet I've ran all day and done 20 or more runs, none of this armband bollocks and about 4 runs..
Got all my pb times there too as it's not up hill like pod.

Will F
22-07-13, 10:09 AM
Like Scott said its ideal to practice and tbh the blacktop difference with Pod isn't that big.. I have been a few times and will be going back!

Jedro
22-07-13, 11:40 AM
iv never been to shakeys before but i found york raceway to be better than pod personally. must of just got a good day

brucer
22-07-13, 09:19 PM
It's my local, yes it's not as fancy as the pod is now, but it doesn't see car shows, it gets used for top fuel stuff though in the caldera of races etc.
Best thing is, if its quiet I've ran all day and done 20 or more runs, none of this armband bollocks and about 4 runs..
Got all my pb times there too as it's not up hill like pod.

my main problem was as Id never been there before, it lacked in signs of where to go, numerous times I had to ask where to go. it wasn't quite yesterday, I managed 4 runs in 4 hours!

Like Scott said its ideal to practice and tbh the blacktop difference with Pod isn't that big.. I have been a few times and will be going back!

id go back, but will have to try to find a quite day so I can get lots of runs in.