PDA

View Full Version : F*#%*^g steering wheel won't come off !!!!!!! Argh !!

Marcusgeorge
19-07-13, 04:23 PM
Hi guys my steering wheel won't come off I've tried every thing. I've even brought the puller and got a very burley friend too pull on it and it still won't come off

Any advice ?? :(

Novasport
19-07-13, 05:06 PM
Why will the puller not get it off? Is it fully located and I assume you have removed the nut?

Marcusgeorge
19-07-13, 05:13 PM
Yea I've removed the column now going take it the garage and get them do it lol

Benn
19-07-13, 05:48 PM
Did the break away bolts comer off ok on the column? Easy job to remove it?

meritlover
19-07-13, 06:00 PM
load up the puller hard and crack it bang on center with a hammer.

Marcusgeorge
19-07-13, 06:17 PM
Yea I took the whole column out going tackle it tomorrow now cuz it's right pissed me off hahahaha and I don't want hit it too hard in case I damage the colapsalbe column :/

TeddyThom
19-07-13, 07:21 PM
It has been on there for a good 20 odd years I would assume. Genuine puller? Removed the nut? Also tap the top, bottom and sides of the wheel to loosen it. Just don't try the hammer on top of the column lark, last time I did that, I spent a good 45 minutes with the aid of my college tutor, filing it down with a thread file! I certainly learnt my lesson and now have my own puller, and it has it's own place where it cannot get lost! Worth its weight in gold where a nova is concerned.

Marcusgeorge
19-07-13, 07:35 PM
Yea it's a proper vauxhall one and going try tomorrow if I try tonight and it dosnt work I will throw it down he road hahahahhaha

dan23
19-07-13, 09:37 PM
take the nut off
half inch extension bar against the thread an whack it with lump hammer the threaded part will move down into the colum an the wheel will pop off
you will to buy a new colum after

John
19-07-13, 09:46 PM
Small heat gun, (soldering iron with blow attachment etc) heat up alloy surrounding column before using puller.

Note, don't set fire to your car!!!

John
19-07-13, 09:47 PM
Ps, I have a genuine vauxhall puller (kent moore) works a treat every time.

Marcusgeorge
19-07-13, 09:53 PM
Thanks John :) the only thing I have available is a hair dryer >.< lol but I think the reason the puller isn't working is some of the splinds look abit knackered