PDA

View Full Version : I've replaced the Nova with a quicksilver

Craig SR
31-08-03, 12:23 PM
Not been around for a couple of weeks been working too much but back now.....

Bought myself a 106 quicksilver whilst away, its a great little car and i dont mean to upset anybody but it is in everyway superior to the nova except in a straight line where its pants! I've already started to mod it with some 306GTi-6 alloys, a 3in straight though with de-cat (too loud though may swap) GTi spoiler, M3 mirrors (already on may swap) and some light tints. Looks really smart to me! Despite the lack of go my Nova wouldnt have seen which way this little ferret had gone down a country lane it just has so much grip now thanks to the tyres (standard quicksilver would be slower though) :)

Still got the SR for now, i had to change it as it was just getting too old for my needs and was turning into a money pit to keep it going. Shame really as i love the car as you always do your first set of wheels. Probably more fun to drive than the pug in a crude handling sort of way.

Gotta decide whether or not to get rid now or save for abit (may struggle as going back to uni this year) and turn it into a project car......

:( :( :cry:

benji
31-08-03, 02:56 PM
they are nice cars, what nova did you have?

Craig SR
31-08-03, 09:51 PM
1.4SR is sat outside feeling sorry for itself, i miss its straight line go!

Really didnt want to change car or empty my wallet in the process but i needed something more reliable - not that the SR ever let me down it was about to turn into a money pit, it was still mechanically sound but unfortunately was being slowly eaten by the elements :( Kind of makes you question its crashworthyness which is something i dont want to cut corners on.

I'll get some pics when the sun comes out....