PDA

View Full Version : weber fitting problems

novajam
15-07-13, 09:35 PM
Hi, can anyone help please can you fit a weber 32/34 dmtl carb to a 1.4 sr? if so can anyone tell me where the breathers go and routing of fuel lines? i bought a brand new 1 fitted it cant get the car to run. It idles no problem, as soon as I accelerate hard it cuts out but when slowly acceleratimg its ok but not great.
Is this a vacuum problem or a manifold issue?
Thanks guys.

leggattr
15-07-13, 09:39 PM
Have you adjusted the fuel mixture screw?
Jets correct for your car?

novajam
15-07-13, 10:17 PM
mixture screw has been adjusted, jets-i don't know. The carb is for a 1.3 could that be my problem they are the wrong jets? It idles perfectly...but as soon as you give it acceleration it flat spots, pops and bangs. But if you rev it slowly it's o.k.
thanks for relpyling. cheers.

conza123
15-07-13, 11:02 PM
mixture screw has been adjusted, jets-i don't know. The carb is for a 1.3 could that be my problem they are the wrong jets? It idles perfectly...but as soon as you give it acceleration it flat spots, pops and bangs. But if you rev it slowly it's o.k.
thanks for relpyling. cheers.

the 1.3 and 1.4 carb wise are the same as i had the brand new kit,

if you didnt have fitting instutions i can email them to you if you pm me your email, and i can take pics of pipe work etc if you need it

jimbob-mcgrew
16-07-13, 12:07 AM
are the spark plugs a normal colour ?

bleached white is lean or hot
sooty black is over-rich

novajam
16-07-13, 08:01 AM
Hi mate thanks for getting back to me! ive got instructions which arent clear, would be great if you can email me you inst + pics that would be a great help !

Thanks again!!!
my email is - jam8183@hotmail.co.uk

novajam
16-07-13, 08:02 AM
are the spark plugs a normal colour ?

bleached white is lean or hot
sooty black is over-rich
Hi mate im using just genuine GM spark plugs, do you think a higher spec plug?

Royston
16-07-13, 12:27 PM
Could be lack of fuel, is there a fuel filter that need changing?

Std mechanical pump is good enough for twin forties

novajam
16-07-13, 01:25 PM
Could be lack of fuel, is there a fuel filter that need changing?

Std mechanical pump is good enough for twin forties.

The fuel filter is new I put it on when fitting the new carb this might sound daft I don't know if I have routed the fuel pipe correctly the weber doesn't have a return coming from the carb I fitted the return pipe to the fuel in pipe? I need to get pictures to see if that's what you do? Lol it's so puzzling it idles perfectly as soon as you rev it wants to cut out if you rev hard it revs through the flat spot then pops through the carb lol I will get there cheers.

Royston
16-07-13, 02:30 PM
Just blank the return off with a bolt and jubilee clip

novajam
16-07-13, 07:30 PM
the 1.3 and 1.4 carb wise are the same as i had the brand new kit,

if you didnt have fitting instutions i can email them to you if you pm me your email, and i can take pics of pipe work etc if you need it

hi mate could you please send me pictures and fitting instructions please that would be a massive help thanks mate my email is jam8183@hotmail.co.uk thanks again :thumb:

novajam
16-07-13, 07:31 PM
hi mate could you please send me pictures and fitting instructions please that would be a massive help thanks mate my email is jam8183@hotmail.co.uk thanks again :thumb:

novajam
16-07-13, 07:33 PM
cool mate so i dont need a return pipe? cheers i will give that a go

thanks mate :)

conza123
16-07-13, 07:53 PM

sent it m8, cant get pics of it fitted as its locked away at mo

Steve
16-07-13, 08:02 PM
sounds like it might be running too rich, if it floods when you give it some revs then i'd check that.

tbh unless you wanna spend out on getting it set up proffessionally you might as well have a little tinker until you can get it running ok.

novajam
16-07-13, 08:19 PM
sent it m8, cant get pics of it fitted as its locked away at mo

cool mate i got them helps alot cheers, no worries about the pictures :)

novajam
16-07-13, 08:31 PM
sounds like it might be running too rich, if it floods when you give it some revs then i'd check that.

tbh unless you wanna spend out on getting it set up proffessionally you might as well have a little tinker until you can get it running ok.

thanks mate for your replay i appreciate the help its so annoying it idles perfectly just when you rev it it has a flat spot hten revs through it, iam hearing all things you cant fit this carb to the 1.4? it must be a 1.3? i just dont know if i have plumbed it in correctly where the fuel lines rout like fitting a return pipe or where the breathers go etc i will get there... hopefully lol cheers mate

jimbob-mcgrew
16-07-13, 11:56 PM
where abouts do you live mate ? might be close to someone on here that can help. slip em a crate of beers for a quick setup

novajam
17-07-13, 07:20 AM
where abouts do you live mate ? might be close to someone on here that can help. slip em a crate of beers for a quick setup

That would be good I think that's what I need someone who knows this set up I live 5 mins away from Glasgow cheers mate for replying

garyc
17-07-13, 06:40 PM
The 1.4 version has a 60 idle jet on the primary barrel, the 1.3 has a 55. The flat spot off idle is prob cause by to weak an idle jet so you may want to get a 60 idle jet and try that.

novajam
17-07-13, 06:48 PM
The 1.4 version has a 60 idle jet on the primary barrel, the 1.3 has a 55. The flat spot off idle is prob cause by to weak an idle jet so you may want to get a 60 idle jet and try that.

Thank you so much I will give that a try that's great cheers mate so good to know

:thumb:

:thumb:

novajam
21-07-13, 09:58 AM
hi guys i finally got the car running perfect it turned out the ignition timing was out it was over advanced doh! thank use all for your help cheers guys :thumb: