PDA

View Full Version : Sr clocks

Marcusgeorge
11-07-13, 09:07 PM
Hello how do I make the rev gauge work on the clocks I know it's the green wire from the xe loom but where does it join

ash.blue
12-07-13, 12:27 AM
Hiya, just to say im not fully clued up on electrics but I know the basics.
The rev counter will use a 12v current, from the clocks on the rev counter into the loom and down the harness to the coil. You should have a spare terminal with a 12v current (volt meter is gd at this point) .. Pop a spade terminal on the end of green wire, attach spade terminal to the spare coil terminal and there you go :)

Rev counters only use a 12v current, nd only give rough idea of revs speed is measured off gearbox and the wheel rotation very long winded, but there you go. Give it a try see where you go and let me know how you get on :) .. Ash

andyredtop83
12-07-13, 06:05 PM
Do you mean where does it join on the back of the clocks? If the clocks are from a mk1 nova there is a separate bit sticking out from the back of the rev counter that you need to join a spade terminal onto but if there mk2 clocks it will be a wire in the main plug that plugs into the back of the clocks

Marcusgeorge
12-07-13, 06:18 PM
Mk1 so I have to make the green wire a spade terminal and connect it on the back ?? :)

andyredtop83
12-07-13, 06:23 PM
Yes that's it, does it have an oil pressure gauge as well? If it does it will fit the same way as the cable that goes to the oil pressure gauge. Make sure its a tight fit when the spade terminals on there as you can obviously get different sizes

brainsnova
12-07-13, 06:24 PM
Mk1 so I have to make the green wire a spade terminal and connect it on the back ?? :)

Yes the 2 seperate tabs on the clocks are oil pressure and rev counter

Marcusgeorge
12-07-13, 06:34 PM
All right then thanks guys :)