PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 nova running problem wont rev properly

james-barnes1
07-07-13, 11:05 PM
i baught my first nova all sills are not too bad and doors are good front outer chassis legs at the top ar rotten where can you get body panels

also main issue when driving it home it revs but really draggs after 3500rpm and struggles lime hell uphills i have checked the fuel pump and is good order and throttle boddy is also clean could it be injwctor and zhas anyone had this problem before many thanks

marc69
07-07-13, 11:09 PM
1.2 i has only 45bhp when new, they will struggle up a hill compared to a carb version.

mowgli
07-07-13, 11:12 PM
when driving it home it revs but really draggs after 3500rpm and struggles lime hell uphills i have checked the fuel pump and is good order and throttle boddy is also clean could it be injwctor and zhas anyone had this problem before many thanks

that sounds normal to me....lol

what age nova is it??

james-barnes1
07-07-13, 11:13 PM
did you have the rev problem doesnt go past 3500 unless downhill and does anyone know whats needed to convert it to a 1.6 corsa sport engine

james-barnes1
07-07-13, 11:13 PM

mowgli
07-07-13, 11:18 PM
the 1,2 spi is crap..... its not worth wasting much money on if you are fitting a bigger engine.... but has the timing been played with?? the dizzy controls both the injection & spark. then there is the coolant temp sensor, and lambda sensor.

anyway, with an spi nova, you simply need the whole corsa & not the engine on its own.

you need the full engine loom including the immobiliser thing off the ign.
the fuel lines & pump from the corsa tank (it needs a little cutting off it to fit properly iirc
then the engine & box will fit in. its up to you how many things like power steering & aircon you might need, then you most likely will need to do something with the drive belts.

james-barnes1
07-07-13, 11:29 PM
using the corsa mount or nova mounts and what problem do younget with the drive belts.

also with the engine loom i assume i would need to join all the wires as it wont be plug and play

mowgli
07-07-13, 11:34 PM
have a look at this.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?129462-*HOW-TO*-fit-a-Smallblock-XE.-(1.4-1.6-16v)