PDA

View Full Version : rear head rest fitting

gte-87
07-07-13, 10:38 PM
Hi how hard is it to fit rear head rest in a gte and how to fit them thanks dan

mowgli
07-07-13, 11:06 PM
its dead easy. on a gte rear seat, there are actually holes, ready. you need some plastic inserts (off an astra???)

please be careful if you have read LEWI's how to article, but there is some good info on how to do it properly

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?137755-*HOW-TO*-Rear-Headrest-Conversion&

Benn
08-07-13, 07:46 AM
please be careful and dont read LEWI's how to article,

Edited for truth.

You need rear headrest sleeves. Use your thumbs on the top of the seat, you'll feel the holes under the foam.

L14MNP
08-07-13, 01:44 PM
Hi how hard is it to fit rear head rest in a gte and how to fit them thanks dan

Why bother? Front head rests in the rear look too large, and the car is of an era where having any at all fitted to the rear seats, just looks wrong.

IMO.

brainsnova
08-07-13, 02:53 PM
The main reason is when Lewi's mates are in the the back it hides their bad haircuts when your following behind

MK999
08-07-13, 03:21 PM
The main reason is when Lewi's mates are in the the back it hides their bad haircuts when your following behind

And promptly gives them all a slap in the back of the head for being thick if they crash?

Benn
08-07-13, 05:01 PM
Why bother? Front head rests in the rear look too large, and the car is of an era where having any at all fitted to the rear seats, just looks wrong.

IMO.

Do they? I think due to the size of the rear screen the sizing is fine.

brainsnova
08-07-13, 05:38 PM
I agree rear headrests look good in most cars

L14MNP
08-07-13, 06:07 PM
Do they? I think due to the size of the rear screen the sizing is fine.

Each to their own, mate. If I was to fit them, I would use smaller, rear ones.
I'm not a fan of such modernisation, though.

Novasport
08-07-13, 06:16 PM
Mk1 rubber headrests look awful in the back as they are too tall. Mk2 ones don't look too bad.
The one thing that annoys me is the headrests do not line up with the centre of the material. Looks odd and out of alignment.

Also they block your rear vision. Newer cars are not to bad as most rear headrests retract down nearly flush with the seat.

Southie
08-07-13, 06:58 PM
As above, GSi headrests look the part but plastic MK1 efforts look cack.

I enjoy Lewi's guide when I fancy a giggle lol

L14MNP
08-07-13, 07:46 PM
More barrying from da PNG Massive. lol

brainsnova
08-07-13, 11:06 PM
More barrying from da PNG Massive. lol

Rear headrest the rs lol

L14MNP
09-07-13, 12:49 AM
Rear headrest the rs lol

lol three in the back.

Benn
09-07-13, 08:09 AM
Each to their own, mate. If I was to fit them, I would use smaller, rear ones.
I'm not a fan of such modernisation, though.

I did try smaller Corsa ones, but they looked so sh*te it was unreal.

Mk1 rubber headrests look awful in the back as they are too tall. Mk2 ones don't look too bad.
The one thing that annoys me is the headrests do not line up with the centre of the material. Looks odd and out of alignment.

Also they block your rear vision. Newer cars are not to bad as most rear headrests retract down nearly flush with the seat.

The lining up i get, getting them at the right height can also be a pain! Drives me nuts.

See now i find they dont block view at all, as the main viewing bit is over the top of them/in the middle gap....(road use) But the last track day i did, i did remove them for a fuller view just incase..

gte-87
09-07-13, 08:26 PM
Thanks for help

LEWI007
03-08-13, 04:01 PM
Big up the PNG Massive

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/LEWI007/Nova/HPIM1204.jpg