PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Signum 1.9 CDTi

mk1nova_rich
06-07-13, 09:05 PM
Been looking at them as a 'family' car lol are they any good?

Seem to get a lot of car for the money...any things to look out for?

Good points, bad points etc...

Ta :)

brucer
06-07-13, 09:06 PM
arnt there only 2 rear seats? if you got 3 kids it may be a squeeze. lol

mk1nova_rich
06-07-13, 09:08 PM
From what I have seen some appear to have a small middle seat, then others none at all

Jonlem
06-07-13, 09:40 PM
I have the 8v derv signum. Not a bad car, has had its issues but I'm fairness I've fixed nothing it just keeps going.

Jack
06-07-13, 09:52 PM
We considered a Signum (for a brief moment lol) but went with the Avensis instead. Bigger, better spec, better reviews and more reliable.

Stuart
06-07-13, 10:46 PM
Cheap, great engine though.

Get something German.

ivauxhallkyle
07-07-13, 07:31 PM
yip they are good cars my brother had one It had 160000 it was remaped and could beet clio sports corsa vxr ect very fast

John
07-07-13, 09:13 PM
Cheap, great engine though.

Get something German.

Really? lol its a **** fiat engine.

Keif
07-07-13, 09:26 PM
From what I have seen some appear to have a small middle seat, then others none at all

It does have three 3 point rear seat belts.

This should help you.
http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/uploader/pics/pics1/Seats.gif

I have a 2.0T and love it. Basically a Vectra C but with more versatile seating

The thing you need to ask is, do you need a Diesel? the Z19DTH does have it's issues. Swirl Flaps and EGRs are prone to breaking/clogging up.

A picture (because I can)
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/Keif_1974/Cars/Signum/IMG_9619_zps072babcd.jpg

ivauxhallkyle
07-07-13, 09:40 PM
that's why my brother re maped it to do a way with egr and swirl flaps

Stuart
07-07-13, 09:55 PM
Remapping a common rail derv is about as sensible as using a chocolate antiroll bar lol

mk1nova_rich
07-07-13, 09:58 PM
Thanks Keif thats helpful but could you just go into a bit more detail regarding the middle seat/console etc lol

No I don't need a diesel, I just imagined it would be a lot cheaper on tax and insurance. Economy is not massively important as I wouldnt be doing massive mileage

Keif
07-07-13, 10:16 PM
Ignore the console/fridge, they're rare and will take alot of finding if it's not already fitted.

Basically, the outer seats are "Normal" seats, both can move forwards and backwards independently. The Centre seat, is not the comfiest! but is useable. if not needed it flips over to provide a storage "panel"

If you're not doing the milage, don't get a diesel, you'll just clog it all up with soot. DPFs need long runs to keep them clean. what you "save" (which will be pennies) you'll end up paying is getting bits de-clogged. i.e. Get a petrol.

Stuart, i'm assuming the remap was just to delete the EGR/Swirl Flaps, not a tune.

simonm
07-07-13, 10:22 PM
I've got a Vectra c it's my second aswell and love that I no it's not a signum but still very similar they do have there issues like inlet manifold and dual mass flywheel are the major faults and can be expensive to fix but most other things are simple and cheap enough. I've got the z19dth with a tuning box fitted and is really good on fuel and has buckets of power I'd highly recommend after 5 years of relatively cheap motoring out of them I can't complain

John
11-07-13, 09:36 PM
I'd go for a 1.8 elite model if you can.