PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Arch Rolling

Mark
30-08-03, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know of anyone that does Front wheel arch rolling in or around Bristol?

Ballsy
31-08-03, 01:46 PM
u dont need to roll the front arches you are better off just taking an angle grinder to them and taking the lip off and then touchin up with either underseal or paint

Ballsy

nov4
31-08-03, 01:56 PM
too true ballsy!

if you roll them u risk getting mud and sh1t between the two layers, causing rust, and we cant be having that can we?!?!

get an angle grinder to them and take them back as much as needs be

chris

Mark
31-08-03, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys, dosen't matter now anyway, got a very large hammer and adjusted them.

K11OVA
01-09-03, 03:00 PM
Gringind them too much on the rear will cause the two metal arch skins to come apart. Never grind past the weld.

I rolled mine with a large lump hammer then smoothed the rolled lip into the underside of the arch... no water can get in now, a lick of paint and underseal and your away. Same can be done on the front arches.

But if you start flareing the arch outwards then you will have to do some filling and smoothing work on the outside to regain the shape of the arch.

Neil.
02-09-03, 02:12 AM
with my bling bling wheels i had to have my arches rolled and flaired outwards, serves me right for getting offset 40 wheels!