PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog day!!!!!

torquey
03-07-13, 09:59 PM
Is it just me or does everyday feel the same?? I mean the same routine everyday iam a valeter and its really hitting home these past few weeks at the thought of doing it for the rest of my days makes me feel depressed .What's peoples views on their jobs discuss...

8valve-craig
03-07-13, 10:06 PM
Love my job. Every day is different.

Are you self employed? If so why not start trading?

Novasport
03-07-13, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately a job is usually a repetitive routine that does get you down sometimes but you have to remember it pays the bills and buys toys to keep you happy. I think you need to remember there are people out there that want a job but cannot get one, have a think how they feel.
Only you can get yourself out of a crappy routine, get yourself to college and push yourself to do something else that pays more and will be less mundane

bazil
03-07-13, 10:56 PM
I leave my brain at home when I go to work,

Seems to have worked for the last 15 years I've been doing this job lol

torquey
03-07-13, 11:25 PM
No been self employed that wasn't the best I just seem to get stuck in a rut same s#@t different day I know there's worse off than me its just me having moan lol .

Andy
04-07-13, 09:34 AM
exactly why im having a career change.
I was self employed too,hated it.Let someone else deal with the after 5pm aggro and have ya paid holidays etc.
A lot to be said for being employed trust me.

Kev Turbo
04-07-13, 09:47 AM
Do you have an alternative in mind or is it just hate for work all together?

The worlds your oyster - only thing holding you back is you. If there is something taking your fancy career wise start working towards it. Anything is achievable with the right mind-set and a bit of old fashioned hard work.

torquey
04-07-13, 12:42 PM
That's the thing don't know what I want to do I've tried many things and after a while I get stuck in a rut again. I get easily bored which don't help lol.

Jack
04-07-13, 12:53 PM
Yep, I'm pretty fed up of my job. I got pushed out of hardware, networking and OS just to satisfy a boss who wanted to put a bunch more applications into his portfolio to make him look better at management meetings. So now I do appdev and 3rd line support which is booooring. Looked into doing an OU course but a) can't afford it and b) very busy with work so don't have time :(

But it does pay well though lol

16v
04-07-13, 01:15 PM
Love my work when I'm not covering shift work for people. I'm a heavy vehicle mechanic for a bus company in N Ireland think it's because different **** happens every day so it doesnt get monotonous plus the main tools I use are the sledge and the oxy acetylene bottles lol

mk1nova_rich
04-07-13, 06:46 PM
exactly why im having a career change.
I was self employed too,hated it.Let someone else deal with the after 5pm aggro and have ya paid holidays etc.
A lot to be said for being employed trust me.

Hell of a lot to be said for being employed. My job is boring and repetitive but Monday to Friday, finish at 4, at 3 on Fridays and get paid reasonable money (£9.55 an hour), company pension scheme, full sick pay etc. As much as we all sometimes moan about work, there are plenty would swap

Alex J
04-07-13, 08:13 PM
i love my job, my life, and family, its diffrent everyday, i go diffrent places, meet diffrent people, eat lots of junk food, after being ill and on my **** last year, i make the most of it!

Southie
04-07-13, 09:45 PM
As long as I feel healthy I could care less any more ;)

brainsnova
04-07-13, 11:29 PM
I'm happy everyday

bazil
04-07-13, 11:49 PM
Do you have an alternative in mind or is it just hate for work all together?

The worlds your oyster - only thing holding you back is you. If there is something taking your fancy career wise start working towards it. Anything is achievable with the right mind-set and a bit of old fashioned hard work.

The only snag to changing for me is requiring training and qualifications, I had the chance to change a few years ago but it ment a £15k pay cut, I worked it out and I would have been bankrupt in 2 months and lost my house.

So even though my job is mundane it's a good paying one so abit of a catch 22 really

Looking back I should have stuck in at school lol

mowgli
05-07-13, 12:05 AM
since we got out of the haulage business, i'm loving my work again... i've never been so tired after a days hard work... but that's what office work, followed by lorry driving does to you... i have completely different jobs to do each day, our company is into construction, digging holes, groundwork, agric contacting, log sales and a great many other things.. we've been stripping an old house for a client & refurbing it.. it will be brilliant when its finished. we have one rule, we never work for developers.. site work is for people with a different mindset to us.

blue_peg_16v
05-07-13, 05:36 PM
I love my job especially when the sun is out every lesson is different and meet a lot of different people only down side is that I'm self employed so don't get holiday pay, I used to have a job I hated and got made redundant was the best thing to ever happen to me !

bazzap8389
05-07-13, 05:42 PM
I get quite bored at work often think of a career change but undecided. On the plus side the money is quite good so can't complain but if it wasn't for the oil and gas up here I reckon I'd be on half the wages.

mowgli
05-07-13, 10:52 PM
I love my job especially when the sun is out every lesson is different and meet a lot of different people only down side is that I'm self employed so don't get holiday pay, I used to have a job I hated and got made redundant was the best thing to ever happen to me !

we've just taken on a bloke who spent the last 7 years as a self employed driving instructor.. he's a smashing bloke & a hell of a grafter, in the end, the driving school thing drove him potty & he just needed to get out of it.

nova_stee
08-07-13, 08:55 PM
Been a mechanic for the last 8 years left school on the Friday started on the Monday just plod along cause it pays the bills but cars can be boring work espically mots