PDA

View Full Version : scrapping a car without a COD

brucer
30-06-13, 05:55 PM
hi guys, whats the correct way to scrap a v5c without a certificate of destruction?

it says on the back if you dismantle the car yourself you must keep it sorn, taxed or until you tell us you no longer have it, in that last case do I just include a letter with the v5?

thanks for the help

bruce

mowgli
30-06-13, 07:49 PM
have you scrapped the car?

if yes, then fill in the scrapping section on the 2nd page & post it off.

John
30-06-13, 08:07 PM
have you scrapped the car?

if yes, then fill in the scrapping section on the 2nd page & post it off.

says you need to put the name of dismantler in Mike. Surely you can't just put your own name and address in?

Spudly
30-06-13, 08:23 PM
But you get a COD from the place that scraps it?

You cant scrap it with one, as you cant get one till youve scrapped it?

steviegsi
30-06-13, 08:27 PM
Cut it up into small pieces then scrap those pieces once they no longer resemble a car. Or scrap it, then fill in the v5 new owner bit with,

Randall McRandom
21 Random Road
Randomshire.

chrisd1986
30-06-13, 08:41 PM
I just ticked the logbook as scrapped and sent it off job jobbed

mowgli
30-06-13, 08:50 PM
says you need to put the name of dismantler in Mike. Surely you can't just put your own name and address in?if you dismantle it, then its legal.. its not like they'll get the environment agency round to check your premises

brucer
30-06-13, 09:10 PM
good point^

both cars are long gone and were scrapped in by other people so no chance of getting a COD, I may just chance it with my address and see what they say and attach a letter.

mowgli
30-06-13, 09:28 PM
i found a v5 for my red mk1 that I bought in 2000, 7 years later in a box..... i wrote to the dvla to explain what had happened & they back dated it.... they really aren't monsters.. just uncaring office workers