PDA

View Full Version : car insurance firms are utter w@nkers

chrisd1986
27-06-13, 03:17 PM
So today i wake up after a night shift to a letter off halifax insurance to say my insurance has doubled because of the purchase date of my car. I got it on the 26th of feb but had to apply for a logbook as the prev seller never sent it off and dvla put down the date as 6th of april so it has now doubled and theres nowt i can do F U C K I N G C U N T S

turbojolt
27-06-13, 03:19 PM
I bet if you cancel there will be a fee aswell

chrisd1986
27-06-13, 03:26 PM
Yup but im gona do it anyway after retro rides and just set up a new one next year

Jack
27-06-13, 03:39 PM
Hang on.

You told them you bought it in February, they say 'officially' you took ownership in April. So technically 2 months less of ownership and they're charging you more?

I'd have called them and laughed down the phone then asked for the correct premium price lol

chrisd1986
27-06-13, 04:43 PM
I tryed to argue it and got no were, tbh i dont rate big insurance firms and have found i get treated better by smaller companys

Stuart
27-06-13, 05:11 PM
You are aware that the 'smaller companies' are simply brokers for the big companies ;)

I guess it must be in the small print that if any info is deemed wrong then they can fist you. Oddly though, how the hell did they find out the ownership date change?

Benn
27-06-13, 05:37 PM
Oddly though, how the hell did they find out the ownership date change?

Now i thought that. And why does a few months matter?

Chay84
27-06-13, 05:51 PM
I put down the date of when I got my points wrong by ten days and my insurance went up by £135 was well gutted just shows best to triple check everything

chrisd1986
27-06-13, 08:17 PM
They went to dvla to get it

Alex J
27-06-13, 08:20 PM
whats insurance?

turbojolt
27-06-13, 08:43 PM
whats insurance?

Dunno, but my old dear P,P'ED it and got 10k

Stuart
27-06-13, 09:29 PM
They went to dvla to get it

Why would they do that? And I don't think they can get info from the dvla without a signed declaration from you.... Eg when the lovely power ranger crashed into the back of my car I had to sign a dvla form to let the investigation company get info from the dvla.

L14MNP
27-06-13, 09:30 PM
whats insurance?

It's my annual, forced payment, that increases whenever some bellend in the middle of a waxa Nova burnout, torque steers into me.

chrisd1986
28-06-13, 03:45 AM
Why would they do that? And I don't think they can get info from the dvla without a signed declaration from you.... Eg when the lovely power ranger crashed into the back of my car I had to sign a dvla form to let the investigation company get info from the dvla.

Well they managed to get the exact day it was put into my name from somwere unless they done a hpi check which will show past change of ownership

maddogdaz666
28-06-13, 08:15 AM
What has date of ownership gotta do with the premium?

Iain
28-06-13, 11:12 AM
Well they do ask for the purchase date, I guess having a car for a few years makes you less likely to bin it. Still ridiculous though, date of purchase is nothing to do with V5 date t though surely, a photocopy of the purchase receipt should clear that up?

Edd
28-06-13, 11:28 AM
It's my annual, forced payment, that increases whenever some bellend in the middle of a waxa Nova burnout, torque steers into me.

And this regularly happens to you does it? No I doubt it

Probably more pointless that my tat comments

Iain
28-06-13, 01:56 PM
Only where there's Novas without front ARBs, uncontrollably driving around.

Andy
28-06-13, 03:48 PM
yep and with valvazzzz fitted with standard shocks with cut springs

Andy
28-06-13, 03:49 PM
Nope.lol

L14MNP
28-06-13, 04:00 PM
And this regularly happens to you does it? No I doubt it

Nah, cos most Nova's tear themselves apart with the HUGE POWER, first.

Kiss my a RS e, you wonga monga.

Edd
28-06-13, 04:08 PM
All the wonga in the world couldn't make me drive tat

chrisd1986
28-06-13, 06:23 PM
We cant all be lucky enough to own a reshelled sport lol

turbojolt
28-06-13, 06:48 PM
sports suck ****ing ****

L14MNP
29-06-13, 02:13 AM
All the wonga in the world couldn't make me drive tat

Well, they do say money can't buy taste. lol

blue_peg_16v
01-07-13, 07:59 AM
Chris did you tell the insurance company that the log book is t proof of ownership just proof of registered keeper. Even states this on the v5

And just state they asked when you became the owner not when you became the registered keeper if there funny about it ask for a transcript of the call when you set the policy up and advise them you will be speaking to the fsa.

As if they asked when you became owner not registered keeper they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Alex J
01-07-13, 08:05 PM
It's my annual, forced payment, that increases whenever some bellend in the middle of a waxa Nova burnout, torque steers into me.knock for knock FTW lol

chrisd1986
01-07-13, 09:26 PM
Chris did you tell the insurance company that the log book is t proof of ownership just proof of registered keeper. Even states this on the v5

And just state they asked when you became the owner not when you became the registered keeper if there funny about it ask for a transcript of the call when you set the policy up and advise them you will be speaking to the fsa.

As if they asked when you became owner not registered keeper they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Cheers rich i will do that tomorrow

L14MNP
01-07-13, 11:03 PM
knock for knock FTW lol

lol Unfortunately, yeah!

'Sports' are ****, TJ? I know barely a thing about you, but happen to know you like at least one sport.

You're good at digging holes. Gan bury ya heed. lol

brainsnova
01-07-13, 11:29 PM
Andy said reshell is not legit lol

chrisd1986
01-07-13, 11:37 PM
Andy said reshell is not legit lol

Most of them are prob merit shells lol

gteben
09-07-13, 08:32 PM
I had the same problem with right choice insurance . But they told me insurance is 678pound for the year when u paid the start up few of 200 pounda on the same phone call after a minute of payment being made they told me I had another claim made . Well I went nuts as they put my inaurance up to 1893.00 a year . I told them to get stuffed an give me my money back an they said they couldnt. Well I was stuck so I had the insurance well each couple of months my insurance went up . So after 7months purchased my new focus .spoken to the lady on the phone .
They told me there was no extra payments nuffin to pay other then a charge fee of 20pounds to change pver the vehicales. Well anyways
Got in touch with this insure the box an they got me a quote at 590pound couldnt refuse.
Then had a phone call off right choice stating I owed them 789poind as the focus insurancewent thru the roof
Told them to get knotted as I knew the price . They threated me with court an baliffs an everythink
Now have to pay them off the money £50 a month
My adivce is stay well clear of right choice insurance group .biggist waste of time .
You want to read the reviews they have . At this minute im speaking to cba to see if I can take them to court
As when rip't me off an other people