PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette lighter wiring

karisma
26-06-13, 05:56 PM
The car is a 1984 base model saloon.

Trying to find the fag lighter wiring and only spare wiring I've found so far was the clock wiring just hanging behind the panel. Is it likely my car was supplied with fag lighter wiring.

Cheers

leefowler
26-06-13, 06:03 PM
Should be taped back in the loom.

Lee

scott.parker
26-06-13, 06:33 PM
I looked and looked on both my car's...
Nothing..

Pretty ****, as you can't use satnav without..

ash.blue
26-06-13, 07:05 PM
Mines a 1.0L and had a blanking panel in the hole but has the ashtray part. Is it possible the basic spec models didnt have the 12v lighter socket ?
To wire it in is only ignition positive and negative. Illumination positive and negative I believe

karisma
26-06-13, 11:37 PM
Don't need a negative on the illumination as it earths on the case of the fag lighter that is wired up to negative.

Just hope I've got the wiring taped up but doubt it for some reason.

marc69
26-06-13, 11:56 PM
The early basic models did not have wiring for cigarette lighter, but look at the fuse box and see which circuit it is shared with and take the wiring form there. For example if it is shared with the clock (just making it up) take the positive and earth to the lighter and if it's a vauxhall one the light (which is useless in mk1s) is as stated above, just wire a positive from the wire or the clock light, or if you don't have a clock, the light for the heater temperature controls or another one that's accesible.

mikey093
27-06-13, 07:17 AM
Ha im not the only one with just a cig lighter sat there looking pretty

Plug
27-06-13, 07:48 AM
Make sure you fuse it 150%

An inline fuse will be fine or you can use a way out of the fuse box