PDA

View Full Version : Gaz extra low rears

Novaload_Nick
25-06-13, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I've got gaz extra low coilies on the rear, wound most of the way down. Plenty of clearance between the inner arch and spring but when I bounce the back up and down there seems to be a rough sort of noise coming from the rear, I have held the spring with my hand and It has a lot of vibration.

Have anyone else's made this sort of noise? I think it could be touching the inner arch right at the top near the spring retaining cup.

Any ideas?

Nick

_Jake
25-06-13, 07:43 PM
Coilovers tend to touch the rear inner arch unless theyve been modified from what ive seen

Novaload_Nick
25-06-13, 07:48 PM
Ye I've modded the inner arch but think the retaining cup at the top might be rubbing, just wondering if anyone else's has?

Novasport
25-06-13, 08:10 PM
Speak to Acerliam or Nick J, both of them are running Gaz extra low coilovers.

Novaload_Nick
25-06-13, 08:30 PM
Speak to Acerliam or Nick J, both of them are running Gaz extra low coilovers.

Cheers dude

Liam
25-06-13, 09:41 PM
I run Gaz Ultra Low coilovers on mine and also had to 'mod' the inner arch. When I adjusted mine pretty low the spring wasn't sitting right and the top cup wasn't fully secure.

I got hold of Gaz and they told me that helper springs should have been supplied but obviously weren't sent. The bloke said that they were out of stock at the time I bought them so sent me some straight away FOC.

Once I fitted them, everything sat right and secure etc and i've not had any problems yet.

This probably doesn't help you out but may do if you didn't get helper springs supplied as well.

Benn
25-06-13, 10:05 PM
I run the extra low kit, made a bit lower. Do you still use a rubber top bit? (as in touching the body)
I found the metal top most cup touch the inner bit of the body, i trimmed the cup like bit down by a few mm and it's been fine since.

Novaload_Nick
25-06-13, 10:33 PM
I run the extra low kit, made a bit lower. Do you still use a rubber top bit? (as in touching the body)
I found the metal top most cup touch the inner bit of the body, i trimmed the cup like bit down by a few mm and it's been fine since.

I think this might be my problem, and I wasn't given helper springs and yes I run the top rubbers. Ill have a decent look at the top cup. Cheers

Benn
25-06-13, 10:37 PM
I dont have helper springs, due to how low i wanna run them.