PDA

View Full Version : speedo

Rage
24-06-13, 06:41 PM
is there any way of getting a speedo cluster with a rev counter to fit my 1.5 diesel? I'm thinking something like an sr one. obviously this would be for petrol so the rev counter would never hit the same amount of revs possible in a petrol but is it possible to install it in place of my diesel clocks?

phunkynova
24-06-13, 07:23 PM
I can not see how you would get the rev counter to work as it takes its readings off the coil which a diesel dose not have.

mowgli
24-06-13, 07:49 PM
the diesel alternator will have some sort of output for the diesel rev counter.. wasn't one fitted to the 15TD??? anyhow, you can get rev counter fiddle circuits, hobbit used one to alter the signal on his v6 conversion, using a 4pot rev counter. pm him to find out where he got it from... it took literaly 2 minutes to fit & make work

meritlover
25-06-13, 03:51 PM
the diesel alternator will have some sort of output for the diesel rev counter.. wasn't one fitted to the 15TD??? anyhow, you can get rev counter fiddle circuits, hobbit used one to alter the signal on his v6 conversion, using a 4pot rev counter. pm him to find out where he got it from... it took literaly 2 minutes to fit & make work

yes, 1.5TD had a rev counter, the signal comes off the alternator. There is no other pulsed output on a diesel engine which is protortional to RPM and hence makes it very difficult to have a rev counter without fitting a trigger wheel to the crank, or a piezo clamp on the injector line.