PDA

View Full Version : Old Members!

dikharvey
29-08-03, 01:58 AM
Why does it same some members joined on Jan 1st 1970? 13 Year before the Nova was produced!

Gobby
29-08-03, 02:06 AM
just a stab in the dark here and I'm probably wrong, but iirc the site was re-developed a while back and I think that the date joined was a new addition, members that have joined since will have their correct date of joining, ones prior to that will probably just have the earlist date available to the software used.

I stand ready to be corrected :)

Evolution
29-08-03, 02:17 AM
Well on another forum i go to, i was an early member, and then the whole thing got updated, and anyone who joined before then had their join date changed to dec 31st 1969.
so i think gobby is right.

Jim
29-08-03, 01:30 PM
The site had a massive change a couple of years back. Those people that joined before the change are registerd as joining in 1970.

Jim

locky
29-08-03, 04:46 PM
My sign in name + password didnt work during the change, so i had 2 change 2 locky!
It saw lockys_nova!

i remember i had a weekend without novaload, so i spent lotsa time on MIRC lol

wisewood
29-08-03, 04:50 PM
31st December 1969 and 1st January 1970 are the two dates produced by php / asp as the basic Unix timestamp.

if there is a problem converting the date format it will just give it the default one.

Novaload has been running for about 5 years in total i think, if i remember correctly from a conversation with Kev aaaages ago. So during the various upgrades and changes things get a bit confused and broken.

Most of the problems like that occured when kev got rid of the asp site and rebuilt it into the php version you see before you now runnign on a mysql database.